DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another Pixel Pilot in San Francisco

apixelpilot

Reactions
Tipping my hat to those of you who've been here and done this, I'm looking forward to learning from and maybe even meeting some of you.

I recently upgraded from a Parrot Anafi and I'm taking my time with the Mavic 2 Pro, having learned a few important lessons with the Anafi. TBH, I got the anafi stuck in a 35' palm tree near the waterfront and decided to get the Mavic as a rescue unit. I got the Anafi down without using the M2P but couldn't bring myself to return it. (plus, the "restocking" would have been would've been painful)

I've only launched it from my backyard so far, took a few pics and videos... I cant wait to take it out for a proper flight! (after I get a prop & gimbal guards!)

Attachments

• sunnyside_sunset0018.jpg
    sunnyside_sunset0018.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 12
Welcome to the forum. There is a ton of useful information here.

You will really enjoy the M2P. It's an amazing device and a lot of fun to fly.

I can only speak for myself, of course, but I never considered prop guards on either of my copters (Phantom 4 and M2P). In my opinion, placing the copter in any situation where these guards could serve to protect it is something to avoid. I also disable Obstacle Avoidance. It's great tech and all, but again, ones flying skills and overall awareness can be even better 'tech', and this mindset of mine has made me a pretty good pilot. In a little over three years of flying UAV’s, and many, many miles, I have not had one accident or even incident to speak of. You are the Pilot in Command. So command...IMO...

Not sure what you mean by gimbal guards. The stock gimbal lock is all you need for other than setting up and flying.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Reactions: apixelpilot
Welcome to the forum! :)

Reactions: apixelpilot
In my opinion, placing the copter in any situation where these guards could serve to protect it is something to avoid. I also disable Obstacle Avoidance. It's great tech and all, but again, ones flying skills and overall awareness can be even better 'tech', and this mindset of mine has made me a pretty good pilot.

Not sure what you mean by gimbal guards. The stock gimbal lock is all you need for other than setting up and flying.

I look forward to being as confident as you!

But based on what I’ve learned with my Parrot I am sparing no effort to ensure the safety of my much more expensive Mavic and any surrounding property.

The propeller guards are for potentially tight/enclosed areas. The “gimbal guard” I’m referring to is actually a lens hood, but could be beneficial in case of a crash.

Thanks for the inspiration!

Reactions: Brockrock
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa