Join Us Now

Another save from Phantomrain.org

zeusfl

Mavic Pilot Guru
Premium Pilot
Reactions
Site
youtube.com
This week I doing a job for a client in a construction site, the rain catch me very quickly in less than 5 minutes and I trying to land on the roof of my car took me longer because the APAS was not happy with the rain and I end up landing on the road next to my car. Is incredible how quickly the rain fall and was a very heavy foody rain. The Wetsuit save my drone.

Sadly I do not have the drone video but I recorded with my iPhone the recovery.

That is great! If I had rain ever, I would probably buy the wetsuit. Here in AZ my main concern is cooling the drone. Maybe a wetsuit with an air conditioner?

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
That is great! If I had rain ever, I would probably buy the wetsuit. Here in AZ my main concern is cooling the drone. Maybe a wetsuit with an air conditioner?
Yup! Arizona pilot here, and after only a 15 minute easy flight, you could cook lunch on my A2 drone. My old Yuneec Typhoon H motors would get so hot you couldn't remove the props for 15 miuntes after a flight.

Nice videos. I'm still curious how does it protect the propeller's motors and some openings of the drone?

How does the wetsuit actually work? There's nothing stopping water from going into the vents or motors. To me it looks like the foam material doesn't even cover any openings.

Reactions: veryzebra
How does the wetsuit actually work? There's nothing stopping water from going into the vents or motors. To me it looks like the foam material doesn't even cover any openings.
You do not need to be concerned about motors getting wet. They can negotiate water (not salt water) without problem. If you have salt water then you need to soak the motors with fresh water to make sure the salt does not create corrosion. The battery is the most important part and the Wetsuit protect that part.

@Phantomrain.org can give you more details about it.

There is a lot going on ! You have the Surge Mask under the Drone that Protects the Landing Sensors from getting confused and force landing in the Rain. That Part of the Wet Suit allowed him to make the Trip Back in the Rain.

The Motors as others have noted are Aluminum Brush - Less which are same motors used in the RC Submersibles so need to protect them.

The Battery and the Power Button were exposed some as he did not have the Compression Bands Fastened in place , most likely because he never thought it was going to Rain. These secure and Fasten under the Drone to the Surge Mask.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic 3 in the Rain. Capture the Storm and make it safely home.
Image 1.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada