DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Another stolen Mavic Pro platium

ExPat

Reactions
Hi all, Expat here.
I live Ecuador, while on vacation in thr US my drone was stolen..I have the serial number. What might be the best way to recover it. That is is it is possible. Any help would be appreciated.

Expat

You likely won't be able to find it.

Try searching for the serial number in Google after a few days. Maybe the thief will be dumb enough to post it online for sale along with the serial number.

mmmmm don’t think I’d bee advertising something for sale with serial number if I’d half inched it !

Reactions: WAXMAN
The police recover stolen property all the time with much of it ending up at the auction because they could not determine ownership.

That said, at least make a police report with as much detail as possible. You never know....the police might recover it in the course of some investigation.

Reactions: JSKCKNIT
The police recover stolen property all the time with much of it ending up at the auction because they could not determine ownership.

That said, at least make a police report with as much detail as possible. You never know....the police might recover it in the course of some investigation.

This 100%.

Will be possible if us the DJI community using this platform as a base, ask DJI to lock them making it impossible for the birds to be flown by someone different than the owner?

And sometimes, it is very frustrating KNOWING that something probably is stolen but no PROOF due to failing reports.

Will be possible if us the DJI community using this platform as a base, ask DJI to lock them making it impossible for the birds to be flown by someone different than the owner?
they can only lock the drone prior to activation. Had some cases were someone bought an inspire 2 with a stolen cc. the dealer is able to lock it if they reach out to dji. Unfortunately even if locked doesn't help you recover funds.
As far as the police depends on which location. In more urban areas they got a lot bigger fish to fry and don't pay too much attention. In rural areas had one case were they went down to the location to recover the stolen property. however from my experience that was the only time i was able to recoup the stolen property in my 12 years of selling online.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa