DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

2 Pro Another three months of filming and post: Cosmos

RadioFlyerMan

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Another one of my long-term transition projects. It's not the usual sunset video, but of the sun moving horizontally across the sky as we progress towards winter. Michigan weather did not always cooperate with my plan to get regularly sequenced flights to produce this video. But you get the idea. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Another one of my long-term transition projects. It's not the usual sunset video, but of the sun moving horizontally across the sky as we progress towards winter. Michigan weather did not alway cooperate with my plan to get regularly sequenced flights to produce this video. But you get the idea. Enjoy.
I thoroughly enjoyed that masterful presentation which must have taken tons of hours of filming and editing. I was particularly impressed with the opening Title emerging from behind the trees. (Is there a You Tube video that teaches that technique?)
Great job.

Dale

Last edited:
Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
I thoroughly enjoyed that masterful presentation which must have taken tons of hours of filming and editing. I was particularly impressed with the opening Title emerging from behind the trees. (Is there a You Tube video that teaches that technique?)
Great job.

Dale
Sorry for the typo- I meant TITLE. Can you please help us out and find a source like a You Tube to teach us how you so masterfully created that title on the left side where the title emergence from the trees?

Dale

Reactions: RadioFlyerMan
Sorry for the typo- I meant TITLE. Can you please help us out and find a source like a You Tube to teach us how you so masterfully created that title on the left side where the title emergence from the trees?

Dale
Clever concept and skillfully completed. Like Dale, I'm interested in learning the technique used in the opening credit. Well done.
Bill
Thanks for the comments!

Regarding the business with the title, the video clip used was captured early in the morning, and happened to have a silhouette of the foreground trees. That allowed me to use a "luma keyer" in Final Cut Pro. By adjusting the parameters of the luma key, I am able to select and preserve everything that is black, and convert the sky to the alpha channel (transparent). The title and original clip is then layered under the masked clip.

The original clip provides the sky (and trees, etc.), the title clip overlays the sky in the original clip, and the keyed clip overlays the title, thus putting the title clip "behind" the trees. Huh??
Layered Clips.png

Luma Keyer.png

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser