DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna interference

Reactions
So I took my DJI mini out today to capture some strange clouds formations , I took it up to about 30ft / 40ft and I got this message it kept cutting out and showing this message everything was fully charged before flight took it up and down a few times to see if it was just once but it kept happening.

Equipment used was:
iPad Pro 10.5
Cable - O'woda DJI Mavic 2 Data Cable Micro USB to IOS OTG Cord Nylon Braided Right Angle Cable for DJI Mavic PRO/Spark / Mavic Air/Mavic 2 Pro & Zoom

All firmware on app and drone were updated.
Only thing I could think of was the cable was not working properly so I reverted back to the old original cable and still had the same problem, all compass and IMU was updated before flight to

880783E9-0709-4E24-ACFB-0746BCA552BB.png

There must have been interference or malfunction of some sort, at only 30 to 40 feet above you, you could almost sit on the controller without losing contact.

I have accidentally flown with my Smart Controller once without actually flipping the antennae out from underneath! It worked fine. Antennae don't work well when craft overhead unless antennae aligned as @sirbadger describes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S