DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna mod for Mavic Mini?

Nem3sis

Reactions
Hey guys,

Super new to the community and the hobby. Tried doing a research on antenna mods and wifi antennas in general and it seems I'm quite lost. I'm trying to figure out has anyone had their antenna moded for the Mini and do you have any recommendations for say not more that $100-150.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between antennas with amps and without as well as what is measured in dbi from some mods for other drones. Can anyone clarify?

I'm not looking into the long-range parabolic enhancers but rather controller-modding antenna upgrades (e.g. what 4Hawks offers).

Thanks!

all these type of antenna mods are model specific it will take awhile for there to be a lot of stuff available for the MM as it it so new i would wait and give the market time to come up with alternatives the costs will vary considerably depend on makes,and performance,

The precise answer is to align the antennas at a right angle to the VLOS, with the antenna tips pointed skyward. There are 2 angles involved here.

I have installed Circular Polarized Antennas from Aliexpress on my remote. Stream quality is much better now, but flying distance doesn`t improved much. So I think amped version like Alientech PRO would be the way to go.

I installed the 4hawks SR antenna mod and tested in Canada (FCC version). I was too scared to go beyond 300m during my first flight with the mod, but I did not have any latency or signal issue. I did not have to aim my remote precisely at my drone to get a strong signal either. So far I am quite satisfied with the purchase. LMK if you guys have any questions.

Reactions: Mrveronn
[QUOTEMD"junkee902, poste: 883538, membre: 110956"]
J'ai installé le mod d'antenne 4hawks SR et testé au Canada (version FCC). J'avais trop peur d'aller au-delà de 300m lors de mon premier vol avec le mod, mais je n'ai pas eu de problème de latence ou de signal. Je n'ai pas eu à viser ma télécommande précisément à mon drone pour obtenir un signal fort non plus. Jusqu'à présent, je suis assez satisfait de l'achat. LMK si vous avez des questions.
[/QUOTE]

thwiSalut (en anglais)
[QUOTEMD"junkee902, poste: 883538, membre: 110956"]
J'ai installé le mod d'antenne 4hawks SR et testé au Canada (version FCC). J'avais trop peur d'aller au-delà de 300m lors de mon premier vol avec le mod, mais je n'ai pas eu de problème de latence ou de signal. Je n'ai pas eu à viser ma télécommande précisément à mon drone pour obtenir un signal fort non plus. Jusqu'à présent, je suis assez satisfait de l'achat. LMK si vous avez des questions.
[/QUOTE]

I installed the 4hawks SR antenna mod and tested in Canada (FCC version). I was too scared to go beyond 300m during my first flight with the mod, but I did not have any latency or signal issue. I did not have to aim my remote precisely at my drone to get a strong signal either. So far I am quite satisfied with the purchase. LMK if you guys have any questions.

Did you mean 3000m?
Or why did you get the 4hawks antenna mod if you only fly a couple of hundred meters when stock has pretty strong connectivity in that sort of range :)

[QUOTE = "junkee902, posta: 883538, tag: 110956"]
Telepítettem a 4hawks SR antennát és teszteltük Kanadában (FCC verzió). Túl féltem attól, hogy túlmenjek a 300 métert, és első mod repülésem során, de nem volt semmiféle késés vagy jel. Nem kellett pontosan a távirányítómat a drónomra irányítani, hogy erős jelet kapjak. Eddig nagyon elégedett vagyok a vásárlással. LMK, ha srácoknak vannak kérdései.
[/IDÉZET]
you would do a distance test

With stock antenna in CE mod i have no problem go over 3000m.(in Europe)

Attachments

• IMG_0745.jpg
    IMG_0745.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 125
The current record is help by Fly Far and Wide. Max range was 20 km with the mini, 2 panel antennas on Tripod and WiFi amplifier.

Did you mean 3000m?
Or why did you get the 4hawks antenna mod if you only fly a couple of hundred meters when stock has pretty strong connectivity in that sort of range :)
ah, it's because I mainly fly within cities. The patch antennas are not only for increasing distance but also for improving the signal stability. i do not experience any connection or latency issues even when i fly in the middle of downtown parks, whereas i sometimes had subtle but annoyingly choppy videofeed before.

Reactions: Tyson76
And as of yesterday there is a video about the antenna array and the amps used for these.

Amplifiers: Sunhans 3W at 2.4 GHz
Antennas: elboxrf 19 dbi

REALLY?

So I don't really have to worry and think about some modification at all to extend my range?! Are you sure its the CE versionin Europe right that you're getting over the advertized 2km!? And you're getting 3km!!?! WOW

I really can't believe it - gonna go watch the video..

Well, we'd like to see some logs proving this with home point and GPS coordinates. :)
No offense, while it's possible to achieve 2000 and 2200 m easily and maybe 3km as well we would love to have some verifiable facts. You can read more about them here: Official Mavic Mini Range Leaderboard!

Reactions: Mavic_Mini_Pilot
Seems I'm the only one on the CE leaderboard and I repeated the range test with my Mavic 2 pro and got to 3000m and started to get really bad signal so 2147m on the mini vs 3000m with the m2p is quite impressive.

I did however look at the terrain map and realised that I was flying uphill from the start so despite being at altitude I was almost covered by a small hill. I might go somewhere else and test the mini but it's interesting to see that the m2p still had issues.

Reactions: netsonic
Most busy wifi channels for europe are 1-10 so you have to choose in manual mode channel 11-13.I use channel 13.Airplane mode of course..

Last edited:
I got 2.7km distance in CE mode without even trying - I'm sure 3km is easily achievable, just need to be in the right environment.

Reactions: WooZie
I modified my MM RC with antennas I picked up from ebay and did not really gain much from stock. The signal/antennas are finicky. One second full signal, next minute completely dropped signal. I ended up demodding and replaced the stock antennas and added a parabolic dish and have easily flown 12000ft from my home-point. I have just settled that this was never meant to be more than what it is. Plenty of people have pushed the package and lost this tiny-tot with plenty of evidence posted in this forum.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54