DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Antenna mod on mavic controller completed now I can't connect to app.

kevinh

Reactions
I finished the mod on my controller and now it will not connect to the dji go 4 app.
I have tried multiple devices still nothing. All devices are android. I have samsung galaxy tab s3, tab s2,
ZTE blade zmax this pho e did work for a little while. I didn't fly for a few days. Did the antenna mod on the controller. Then tried to conne t to app and fly again nothing seems to work. I tried everything.
I have read forums and watched hours of videos tried all of the tips they gave. I am getting g very frustrated with this whole situation. I have repaired many smart phones and tablets. I have taken extreme care when I performed the mod. I don't think I damaged anything in the controller. Someone have any suggestion. I am taking the controller back apart now to see if I see any problems.
1520456030250.jpg1520456095248.jpg

Ok, good news bad news.
A complete non connect might be a loose connection. Time to open it and check.Even if your new boosted system is an issue, it should connect in close proximity without the boost.

The bad news is that the circuit board connection are fragile. If you accidentally dinged a connection on the board, the fix tough. I'll leave it up to others to give advice.

I ended up breaking a Phantom 4 controller doing a mod.

I now send them in. The $90 for the install is worth it to me.

Hope it turns out to be simple issue and fixed.

Ok, good news bad news.
A complete non connect might be a loose connection. Time to open it and check.Even if your new boosted system is an issue, it should connect in close proximity without the boost.

The bad news is that the circuit board connection are fragile. If you accidentally dinged a connection on the board, the fix tough. I'll leave it up to others to give advice.

I ended up breaking a Phantom 4 controller doing a mod.

I now send them in. The $90 for the install is worth it to me.

Hope it turns out to be simple issue and fixed.

Thanks I found the problem. You are correct it w as on the ribbon cable that connects yo the keyboard. Shown in the picture. I was able to fix it I moved the pin back in place and re soldered it. I was so nervous I ordered a new controller before I started this task. But all is well mando the range extender doubled my range I'm in the city with a lot of interference.

Attachments

• 20180307_151734.jpg
    20180307_151734.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 57
  • 20180307_155607.jpg
    20180307_155607.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 50
Just curious you said the problem was a ribbon cable unattached so what did you have to solder?
It was the connector the ribbon cable connected to the small white connector with the small black lock. That pic is showing after I unplugged it. It was connected. The pin on the connector. i broke a solder joint when i flipped up the black lock I guess. Note the location just to the left of center on the connector at the board. You can tell it looks a little off. It would connect to drone fine. It just would not connect to the app. After I repaired the connector with the broken pin it will connect perfectly.

Attachments

• 20180307_151734.jpg
    20180307_151734.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 37
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54