DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any advice, something to fix is welcome

Stunningly beautifu! I can’t suggest any improvements! I do have a question if you don’t mind. My wife and I have gone to Spain every year from 2014 through 2019. It’s our favorite travel destination. Obviously, Covid put a stop to that for the time being. When we finally get to go back I was wondering if I should take my Mini 2. Certainly I will do my own research on this but I would appreciate any insight you might have into the practicalities of droning in Spain.

Reactions: DiscoverSpain
Stunningly beautifu! I can’t suggest any improvements! I do have a question if you don’t mind. My wife and I have gone to Spain every year from 2014 through 2019. It’s our favorite travel destination. Obviously, Covid put a stop to that for the time being. When we finally get to go back I was wondering if I should take my Mini 2. Certainly I will do my own research on this but I would appreciate any insight you might have into the practicalities of droning in Spain.

You can fly the Mini 2, without using the camera, without having to do any red tape but since I guess that's not the case, I'm going to the case that you want to shoot with it.

As I also assume that you live outside Europe and you don't have a European license, I'll tell you about the formalities:

- You have to register as a drone operator. You have the procedure and info here: [ Registro y declaración de operadores de UAS | Sede AESA ].

- From the previous page, you also have to register the drone / drones.

- You have to obtain the A1 license (on-line exam) You can do it from Formación de pilotos UAS/drones en categoría ‘abierta’ | AESA-Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea - Ministerio de Fomento

It's a very simple exam but I don´t know if it's available on English

- You have to take out a liability insurance, at least, for the days that you fly

- You have to put fireproof plates with your data on the drone and controller.

You can fly the Mini 2, in open category A1 (normal regulations: maximum 120 meters high and over the city, maximum 20 meters high).

You can check the flight zones here: ENAIRE Drones

I'm sorry there are so many things to do and I hope I helped you.

Fix? The ONLY thing wrong with that video is I didn't shoot it LOL!

What a gorgeous area and amazing video. Well done and thank you for sharing :)

Once again, you've created a wonderful video that's expanded the list of places in Spain we intend to visit as soon as travel is a little easier.

There are two small things that I'd suggest. Just a marginally qualified opinion. Ignore at will.

1) Remove the brief clip at approximately 2:20 that includes the car with the flashing lights. It distracts the viewer and makes them look for the emergency.
2) Remove the first seven seconds of the introduction. It's just too long and jarring. The one "wink" of the logo with the camera shutter sound at 0:07 would be very nice.

Thanks for sharing another great video and providing me with another example of what to shoot for in my flying and editing.

Last edited:
You can fly the Mini 2, without using the camera, without having to do any red tape but since I guess that's not the case, I'm going to the case that you want to shoot with it.

As I also assume that you live outside Europe and you don't have a European license, I'll tell you about the formalities:

- You have to register as a drone operator. You have the procedure and info here: [ Registro y declaración de operadores de UAS | Sede AESA ].

- You have to obtain the A1 license (on-line exam) You can do it from Formación de pilotos UAS/drones en categoría ‘abierta’ | AESA-Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea - Ministerio de Fomento

- You have to take out a liability insurance, at least, for the days that you fly

You can fly the Mini 2, in open category A1 (normal regulations: maximum 120 meters high and over the city, maximum 20 meters high).

...And people here in US complain about FAA regs?

Very nice video. I've played around with some video editing in my photography. Your first fade-out to fade-in between scenes is a professional touch and I think it could have been used again in some of the scene changes. The effect of one scene dissolving into the next without a blackout looks good in some cases also. The background music is a nice touch also but it sounds sad. I would look for other music selections to see how it changes the mood. But, as I said before good work!

Thank you for the very detailed information! You’re correct that I would use my Mini 2 to shoot video and not just to fly. I’ll have to think carefully about whether I want to go through the registration and testing process, which seems more complicated than here in the United States. In any case, thank you again for your help. I‘m looking forward to returning to your beautiful country, with or without my drone!

Once again, you've created a wonderful video that's expanded the list of places in Spain we intend to visit as soon as travel is a little easier.

There are two small things that I'd suggest. Just a marginally qualified opinion. Ignore at will.

1) Remove the brief clip at approximately 2:20 that includes the car with the flashing lights. It distracts the viewer and makes them look for the emergency.
2) Remove the first seven seconds of the introduction. It's just too long and jarring. The one "wink" of the logo with the camera shutter sound at 0:07 would be very nice.

Thanks for sharing another great video and providing me with another example of what to shoot for in my flying and editing.

I totally agree with you that the worst part of the video is the intro with the logo but as I'm not very good at making intros, nor working with FX and so far this is what I have achieved, for the moment I'm going to leave it like this until I can do something better. By the way, anyone want to make an intro for my channel? :p

Regarding the car scene with the flashing lights, I don't see it as a problem.

Thank you very much for your time to watch the video, your nice comments and write your suggestions.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mavic 3 classic User