DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any document certifying weight is <250gr included in package?

Nem3sis

Reactions
Hello,

I've been contemplating buying the Mavic Mini, but the one thing stopping me is that my profession involves a lot of travel often in countries in the Middle East restricting drones above 250 grams - I've heard stories going as far as enthusiasts getting their drones confiscated at the airport.

I want to check if there is any paperwork I can show certifying the drone actually weights 250 grams. Is this specified anywhere in the technical docs that arrive with the drone?

I'll also print and bring the local Civil Aviation regulation specifying the 250 grams is the limit and bringing it with me, just in case.

The CE mark should guarantee that the specifications are within a tight margin of error...

Reactions: Nem3sis
Just in case you didn‘t know because it hasn‘t been mentioned here: The weight of 249g is actually printed on the frame of the copter itself. Could help with discussions at the airport. Cheers

Reactions: Nem3sis and zocalo
1575200582381.png

Reactions: Brido
Remember to remove gimbal cover if it is weighted.

I doubt anyone would put it on a scale to check compliance, but if they ever do keep in mind that anything else you have fitted like prop guards or skins would also take it over the limit. To be 100% safe, you'd want a stock config when passing through customs, etc. and, since it is <250g take-off weight, as noted the gimbal cover shouldn't count towards that either.

Hello,

I've been contemplating buying the Mavic Mini, but the one thing stopping me is that my profession involves a lot of travel often in countries in the Middle East restricting drones above 250 grams - I've heard stories going as far as enthusiasts getting their drones confiscated at the airport.

I want to check if there is any paperwork I can show certifying the drone actually weights 250 grams. Is this specified anywhere in the technical docs that arrive with the drone?

I'll also print and bring the local Civil Aviation regulation specifying the 250 grams is the limit and bringing it with me, just in case.

the weight is printed on the drone itself

Don’t worry if you’re in the UK, as demonstrated by the Gatwick Airport ‘ alleged’ incident both police, airport staff and government agencies are unable to capture any evidence when it comes to drones! Three days worth of drone disruptions and not a single official was able to capture a photo/ video or evidence of the offending drone(s)!?

Reactions: old man mavic
Comes a bit late, but thank you all for the comments. I've decided to get the Mavic mini, keep with me the printed doc (both local laws and Mavic mini specs doc), and the pocket scale. May sound like an overkill but it's a minimal expense compared to getting it confiscated. Will keep you posted!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N