DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any experience of dronegateway.co.uk

jjspoole

Reactions
Hi,

Looking to buy a Mavic Pro Platinum and Drone Gateway have a reasonable deal. Just wondering if anybody on the forum has experience good or bad with these guys?

Thanks

Hi,

Looking to buy a Mavic Pro Platinum and Drone Gateway have a reasonable deal. Just wondering if anybody on the forum has experience good or bad with these guys?

Thanks

I've tried to contact them on more than one occasion and managed to get a phone call answered by their UK office - but they immediately hung up. Prices are good, maybe too good, but as those prices are clearly marked 'ex tax' I was asking if tax such as VAT was added by Customs. Still no wiser!

Last edited:
Not wishing to hi-jack thread but maybe of interest to OP - a certain E Global supplier based in France has a three day / 3% price drop - the Mavic Pro Platinum down from their recent sales price of £737 to £717.29. I've heard all the bad tales but, for £21, we can insure against losses etc in transit. That pushes the price back up, but at least there is that peace of mind and the thought that the supplier may take that little extra care in processing and dispatching the order. Maybe I've got that all wrong ..... but it's giving me peace of mind :).

BTW - I then jumped to another site and bought a Platinum battery for £56 plus £3.00 insurance. Whole kit now standing just sub £800 - very pleased thus far.

Good luck with your search.

Funny, as I was wondering the same. I really want to join the ranks of DJI drone owners and really fancy the Mavic Air, but it’s quite expensive for a fist buy. I’m torn as if I like it it’s a great 1st buy if I don’t it’ll be an expensive toy. Drone Gateway seemed like a good place to buy as it was much cheaper than elsewhere. I guess they are cheaper for a reason. It’s it looks too good to be true then it usually is?

Shame as I was almost ready to buy.

Funny, as I was wondering the same. I really want to join the ranks of DJI drone owners and really fancy the Mavic Air, but it’s quite expensive for a fist buy. I’m torn as if I like it it’s a great 1st buy if I don’t it’ll be an expensive toy. Drone Gateway seemed like a good place to buy as it was much cheaper than elsewhere. I guess they are cheaper for a reason. It’s it looks too good to be true then it usually is?

You will like it :) Where do you live? Maybe if another reader lives close by, they wouldn't mind showing you their toy. I know I would be more than happy to show off my drone to someone on the ropes about buying.

Reactions: Kenny.j

Tobydeals is where I ordered my spark from the other day takes about 2 weeks but another guy on the forum got his mavic from there an it's working fine brand new unopened.

I was in the same boat I didn't want to spend to much and then be disappointed if I didn't use it to much so went for the spark, maybe if in a year I still use this a drone I'll purchase something more pricey

I got fired up by the deals on Drone Gateway - really want a Mavic Pro - but it just seems too cheap. I was about to send them a bank transfer before my wife intervened. Phoned my bank to check their details - could neither 'confirm or deny' if they were based in the UK and were reputable. 'Sigh'. Guess I'll have to save more pennies and stick with the Hubsan for now :(

Reactions: Kenny.j
I was in that same boat, having a Hubsan H501S as an introduction - but am now awaiting delivery of my Mavic Pro Platinum to take the next step. Dronegateway are seriously losing out by not playing ball - surely a courteous reply to e-mail requests, or speaking to callers who telephone before ringing off without a word, would achieve much. Their loss.

I’m still thinking that Dronegateway prices are ex-VAT (hence ‘ex tax’ on every price) which still leaves them competitive but to a lesser degree.

Tobydeals is where I ordered my spark from the other day takes about 2 weeks but another guy on the forum got his mavic from there an it's working fine brand new unopened.

I was in the same boat I didn't want to spend to much and then be disappointed if I didn't use it to much so went for the spark, maybe if in a year I still use this a drone I'll purchase something more pricey
Just looked at Toby’s deals and the prices actually look good. Almost on par with Drone Gateway (the Spark deal is even cheaper). It’s not quite so clear as to what’s included. It doesn’t actually list it as a fly more bundle but as a RTF bundle. I don’t think they are the same thing?

I was in that same boat, having a Hubsan H501S as an introduction - but am now awaiting delivery of my Mavic Pro Platinum to take the next step. Dronegateway are seriously losing out by not playing ball - surely a courteous reply to e-mail requests, or speaking to callers who telephone before ringing off without a word, would achieve much. Their loss.

I’m still thinking that Dronegateway prices are ex-VAT (hence ‘ex tax’ on every price) which still leaves them competitive but to a lesser degree.
I tried calling today and the number doesn’t even ring anymore?

Just looked at Toby’s deals and the prices actually look good. Almost on par with Drone Gateway (the Spark deal is even cheaper). It’s not quite so clear as to what’s included. It doesn’t actually list it as a fly more bundle but as a RTF bundle. I don’t think they are the same thing?

The Fly More Combo from DJI combines the Spark quadcopter with the Remote Controller, Charging Hub and hub power supply, a set of spare propellers, propeller guards, and a spare flight battery (for a total of two). which is everything in the fly more. DJI Spark RTF Quadcopter Fly More Combo - Sky Blue : Toy - Toby Deals Offers literally calls it fly more :) only issue is it takes about 2 weeks to arrive

deffo would not touch a website that deals in bank transfers. paypal & credit card protected in 2 ways

Reactions: Mike357
Ok, so looking further into Toby’s Deals. They are based in Hong Kong, so your gonna get smacked with import duties and VAT once it hit the UK? So again we’re back to UK pricing. The offer from Very.co.uk with 10% off your first order looks good. I can also get the 7% cash back though my work so that’d be almost £140 off so the Air is down to almost £800 an$ the spark would be just under £500?

Ok, so looking further into Toby’s Deals. They are based in Hong Kong, so your gonna get smacked with import duties and VAT once it hit the UK? So again we’re back to UK pricing. The offer from Very.co.uk with 10% off your first order looks good. I can also get the 7% cash back though my work so that’d be almost £140 off so the Air is down to almost £800 an$ the spark would be just under £500?

I think Toby's Deals state that they have an arrangement whereby they pay all the UK taxes and Duty - I'm sure it's on their web site somewhere, maybe under FAQ. I'll have a browse and and get my facts straight.

Can't find it on their site but plenty of posts and reviews where folk comment that they've not been charged any Custom's fees or Duty etc. Good luck.

Last edited:
I think Toby's Deals state that they have an arrangement whereby they pay all the UK taxes and Duty - I'm sure it's on their web site somewhere, maybe under FAQ. I'll have a browse and and get my facts straight.
Yep your right, just had a troll through their site and found t eventually. Looks like Toby’s is back on the list

Attachments

• 26DA9373-43ED-4CE7-88D0-394C29A23801.png
    26DA9373-43ED-4CE7-88D0-394C29A23801.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
Really? Which one did you go for? The Black and white one look like different kits, what did you get included in the kit. This is a strange sensation, I'm excited for you ;)

It is the onyx black fly more combo. Doesn't look like it is on the site atm though. It was £700 with a voucher code I found. So drone, controller, three batteries, charging station, big bag, 2 extra sets of props. Everything is fully charged, just waiting to get home for firmware updates.

Reactions: Erisaman
It is the onyx black fly more combo. Doesn't look like it is on the site atm though. It was £700 with a voucher code I found. So drone, controller, three batteries, charging station, big bag, 2 extra sets of props. Everything is fully charged, just waiting to get home for firmware updates.

Like this one? Its the only black Air I can see listed?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 17.46.35.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 17.46.35.png
    998.9 KB · Views: 14
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tenakeetwo