DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any experience with buying refurbed drones?

98 SNAKE EATER

Reactions
I've always purchased new drones from B&H, but now I'm considering a refurbed model from DroneNerds ?

They claim it's been packaged and sealed from DJI and comes with full warranty as new, but just wanna confirm if that's really true? :confused:

Looking at about a $200 savings going with the refurb ($1780 new)

Reactions: Motorcycle Rider
A buddy of mine sent his MP back to DJI after a crash. It was only a small crack on one of the rear rotors and he thought he'd get the same drone but ended up receiving a refurbished MP. It has worked fine for the last few years. YMMV

Drone Nerds is a good reputable company, we know some of the guys over there. DJI does have their certified refurbished drones that they sell and you can attach the Refresh warranty to them. We have sold quite a few of them and have never had any complaints. So if you are looking to save a little money, they are not a bad route to go.

Drone Nerds is a good reputable company, we know some of the guys over there. DJI does have their certified refurbished drones that they sell and you can attach the Refresh warranty to them. We have sold quite a few of them and have never had any complaints. So if you are looking to save a little money, they are not a bad route to go.
I also bought a refurbished drone from drone nerds. A mavic pro 2 with 1 battery. Very pleased with it. Plus saved money. Buy direct from them and save on taxes.

I just bought a refurb direct from DJI via eBay (arrived next day). M2P with RE Goggles. Saved $500 over new. It was perfect. Packed like new. All stickers, warranty, activation the same as new. I decided to return it and they sent me a prepaid label. Nothing wrong with it just decided goggles were not worth the trouble. But definitely would do refurb again.

I purchased a refurb MA from Drone Nerds and everything was looking like new. After a customer service call to them, in regards to shipment, they indicated the refurb models come from DJI and they're just handling the sales and shipment. There Customer Service was very helpful and pleasant to deal with. Thumbs up for that nowdays.
The only problem I had, was it was shipped FedX during this Covid 19 outbreak...came a day later then scheduled.

I've always purchased new drones from B&H, but now I'm considering a refurbed model from DroneNerds ?

They claim it's been packaged and sealed from DJI and comes with full warranty as new, but just wanna confirm if that's really true? :confused:

Looking at about a $200 savings going with the refurb ($1780 new)
I sent my Mavic 2 Pro to DJI under my DJI Refresh for repair, fully knowing I would get a "new" or refurbished drone sent back to me. I still have one more Refresh remaining and it applies to the "new" refurbished drone. The new one works just fine. I wouldn't hesitate to get one from DJI.

I bought my refurbished Mavic 2 Pro from a highly rated ebay seller's online store and was totally satisfied with my purchase. £300 cheaper than new. I've gone back a number of times to buy batteries as they are £25 cheaper than new and work flawlessly.

I bought a refurbished spark from DJI a couple of years ago. I Couldn't tell it from new and it works perfectly. I sent my Mavic Air 1 and controller in for repair. It was two years old and pristine but the controller had problems. I received back a Seemingly brand Mavic Air and Controller..Hate to say it....the Drones probably ok but the controller has big issues..It's on it's way back. I did get charged 90 bucks but I was also offered the refresh with the drone I received. I thought that was pretty good. I didn't t take them up on it however. It took me the better part of the day today to get the mailing label but that's par for the course these days. Three lost connections and super long waits between.

both mavic and spark have had new and refurb and the refurbished is all that lasted the new are gone so i went with refurb for the inspire

Thanks for all the info

As of now, I've pretty much narrowed it down the Zoom/SC combo, but I've been out of the loop for quite a while and was wondering if I should just wait for the MP3 before pulling the trigger ?

Any idea if/when it will be announced this year?

Thanks for all the info

As of now, I've pretty much narrowed it down the Zoom/SC combo, but I've been out of the loop for quite a while and was wondering if I should just wait for the MP3 before pulling the trigger ?

Any idea if/when it will be announced this year?

Have you looked at the Mavic Air 2? It was just released and its quite an impressive set of features for the price!

The Mavic 3 Pro is rumored to come out later this year.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929