DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any flying experience with Mavic Pro in mountains.

KBerrah

Reactions
Hi,

I'm a newbee with MP (Switzerland). Just started using it in the field (safe). I would like to use it in the mountains where no planes/sliders/helicopters can actually fly.

Q1: if I send the MP over a cliff and let it fly let's say 500m down, will the MP be able to climb again and come back 500m above ? any experience how the 120m (400 feet) height limit will play here ?

Q2: if I'm the bottom of a cliff and want the MP to climb above 120m (MP limit), is there away to turn around the height limitation ? once again, in a safe region, no planes/helicopter or slides around, of course.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Karim

There are some threads on flying below start point height level, one was named like "what is the lowest...".... from reading that I would say yes to Q1 and regarding the 120m limit, just set it to 500m in the app - the MP limit is not 120m but 500m. Default settings seems to be 120m.

I've flown 120 meters down a cliff with zero issues. The biggest issue I had was making sure I avoided varying tree heights. Be safe and you won't have any issues. I cut my flight short after 15 minutes as a group of 6 vultures entered the area and I wasn't going to take any chances. Haha

Reset the limit to 500m like the previous poster stated and you're good to go!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ken28e