• Slightly

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 13.3%

• Total voters

Cyber3xpert

Reactions
Hey Everybody!
I was wondering if anyone here plays games or considers themselves a "gamer," as I tentatively do.I'm more of a "side gamer." I play PUBG Mobile, Call of Duty: Mobile, PUBG PC, Asphalt 9 Legends, and Riot Games' new release, Valorant. My equipment consists of a Skytech Blaze II and a Sony 1366x768 30 inch TV monitor with a 60Hz refresh rate.

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660
Central Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Hex-Core
Memory: 16GB DDR4 @ 2400MHz

Overall, it was a steal and a half for the price!

I also have a YouTube channel called Cyb3r3xp3rt. I post screen recordings of my games there, so please subscribe and keep an eye out for my videos!

Post your gaming rigs and the games you play below! (Keep in mind, a phone counts too!)

Reactions: Rattydude77
I play Post Scriptum on my laptop.

Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1660ti
CPU: i7-9750H 6 core 12 threads
Ram: 32G DDR4

Reactions: Cyber3xpert
That's a pretty beefy laptop, @pross! I used to play on a Lenovo ThinkPad T440 w/ 8GB DDR3 RAM and a core i5, but eventually upgraded bc I didn't have enough RAM or GPU power

Yea it came with 8G, easy to upgrade and cheap these days :) Even though the game uses the unreal engine I've seen it use 20+ gigs during online matches

Oh gosh. That's a lot of RAM, buddy. lol

I also have access to a Playstation 2, but it's kind of a shared thing...

Reactions: Rattydude77
I don't have a lot of time for gaming, but have been a gamer since video games were created (Pong, Asteroids, Space Invaders, Defender, Dragon's Lair, other classic arcade games, ...). I'm currently playing Elder Scrolls Online when I play mostly, but I also dabble in a few other games from time to time like the Halo series, Destiny, the Fallout series, Portal 1&2, Forza's, and a few other random ones. I have a Surface Book 2 which has an NVidia 1060 in it, 16GB RAM and an XBox One X. I also dabble in VR and was able to get my Mavic 2 Pro 360 pano's working in Steam VR which was nice (I have the Samsung Odyssey HMD+ VR headset which works well with the laptop). I do some gaming in VR as well, but mainly use it for entertainment.

I just found out about the Drone Championship League (DCL) racing drone emulator and I'm thinking of checking it out. It's a little pricey ($40), but I can use it with the XBox One X on a nice 75" low latency Samsung HDR TV/Monitor. Gamers complain that it's too close to a drone simulator, which is what I'd think you'd want, but I think they want it to be more forgiving. It'll be interesting to see how the controls map on the XBox vs the DJI controller options if I decide to spring for it.

Here's a review:

The music? in the 1st game video in this next link lowers the probability I'll actually get it, but the other 2 videos reversed that initial impression and got me a bit intrigued again. Here's the XBox purchase page with videos and images:

• Wow
DANG. That is a sophisticated piece of software right there! I'd say it's totally worth the 40 bucks judging from how realistic it looks. I mean, basically unlimited learning for just $40? That's infinitely better than paying 500 big ones for your rig and whatever it takes to repair it after the inevitable crashes. I would definitely pony up the money if they made it compatible for PC.

These guys are more serious than I thought, check THIS out:

First Manned Aerobatic RACING Drone - Will it FLIP? ?
1597114017700.png

And yes, I've got to try it, and using it for practice is a strong selling point.

AND looks like it's supported via Steam for the PC and Mac OS:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Windows
  • MINIMUM:
    • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-670
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX650
    • Network: Broadband Internet connection
    • Storage: 12 GB available space
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7 4770k
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX970
1597113891874.png

• Wow
Game a little here there. Lately it’s been Skyrim, Death Stranding and some Elite Dangerous. I keep saying I’m going to put some real time into Elite and then I get lazy. Don’t tell my wife. She thinks I’m doing important stuff.

I run and HP Omen 15 laptop
AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
16gb Ram
Nvidia Geforce 1660ti

These guys are more serious than I thought, check THIS out:

First Manned Aerobatic RACING Drone - Will it FLIP? ?
View attachment 110217

And yes, I've got to try it, and using it for practice is a strong selling point.

AND looks like it's supported via Steam for the PC and Mac OS:

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
Windows
  • MINIMUM:
    • Processor: Intel Core i5-670
    • Memory: 4 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX650
  • RECOMMENDED:
    • Processor: Intel Core i7 4770k
    • Memory: 8 GB RAM
    • Graphics: GeForce GTX970
View attachment 110216
Sounds awesome! Let us know what happens!

Game a little here there. Lately it’s been Skyrim, Death Stranding and some Elite Dangerous. I keep saying I’m going to put some real time into Elite and then I get lazy. Don’t tell my wife. She thinks I’m doing important stuff.

I run and HP Omen 15 laptop
AMD Ryzen 7 4800H
16gb Ram
Nvidia Geforce 1660ti
Totally feel you on the getting lazy part... lol!

It’s Guild Wars for me.
Couldn't get into Guild Wars 2, yes the graphics are great but the lost the gameplay & that’s what counts.
Best game ever played, (in it's day) the original Far Cry the rest are rubish.

It’s Guild Wars for me.
Couldn't get into Guild Wars 2, yes the graphics are great but the lost the gameplay & that’s what counts.
Best game ever played, (in it's day) the original Far Cry the rest are rubish.

Far Cry 2 was awful and the main story side of Far Cry 3 was poor as well but I thought the sandbox side of it was really good with hunting the landscape for materials to craft upgrades, finding the radio towers and taking down the bases. I particularly liked how you could take down the bases as you wanted so you could sneak in or go in all guns blazing, the game left you to it. Strangely the main story missions were the opposite forcing you to play in a very specific manner with extremely irritating characters which I thought was awful, I just don't understand why they made it that way when it was so fun as a sandbox game but a lot make the same mistake.

My favourite game by far and one that doesn't seem to get a huge amount of credit is an early access game called Satisfactory although it's in a better state than some released games, I've had few issues with it. It's a first person game where you're dropped onto an alien planet and the idea is you harvest resources, process them through machines and make finished goods. To begin with your factories are quite basic then as you advance through the game you need to build more complex items which need increasingly sophisticated factories. It differs from other games like seven days to die and Ark: Survival Evolved where there's less of a survival element and the gameplay is much more forgiving. You can build really messy factories with spaghetti works of conveyor belts which the game doesn't penalise you for but if you want to build really neat well organised optimised factories, it gives you all the tools to do so. I've reached the top tech tier but still keep going back to try and optimise my factories and connect them all together.

I've also been playing a bit of Forza Horizon 4 which is good to chill out with for a bit and I especially like the fact the map is based on the south of Scotland and northern England.

Steam has an awesome feature where someone can share their game and it allows remote players to see the screen and join in with their own control pad so it's effectively like you're there in front of the screen. A friend has started weekly gaming nights and the three of us despite being spread across the country have been having a lot of fun with the couch co-op game Overcooked and have some brutal matches of Worms WMD.

I mainly use a desktop PC which I'm a big fan of because it's quiet and easy to upgrade so I can progressively upgrade it as needed plus it's used for photo processing, video rendering and virtual machines. Current spec is:

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x (12c/24t), Noctua NH-D15 cooler, 64GB ram, X570 chipset, 2TB SSD/44TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB graphics, BD-rom, Fractal Define R6, Corsair 850W PSU, Dell U2711 monitor (1440p)/HTC Vive Pro (VR)
Laptop: Alienware m15 r1, Intel Core i7 8750H, 6c/12t), 32GB ram, 2TB SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15in 1080p display

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Did you play the origenal Far Cry ?

This is the PC I built not long ago

Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit
Asustek ROG Maximus XI Hero Motherboard
Intel i9 Processor
32 GB DDR-4 Ram
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2070 Super UHD 8 gig Graphics
1.5 TB SSD's
Cooler Master Trooper full tower case.

Yes of course, one of the original DX9 games and played it on a Dell Inspiron 8600 which was my first gaming laptop complete with the ATi Radeon 9600 pro which was the first decent DX9 mobile graphics card. I was actually trying to play it again a few weeks ago but it's not aged well.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
Far Cry 2 was awful and the main story side of Far Cry 3 was poor as well but I thought the sandbox side of it was really good with hunting the landscape for materials to craft upgrades, finding the radio towers and taking down the bases. I particularly liked how you could take down the bases as you wanted so you could sneak in or go in all guns blazing, the game left you to it. Strangely the main story missions were the opposite forcing you to play in a very specific manner with extremely irritating characters which I thought was awful, I just don't understand why they made it that way when it was so fun as a sandbox game but a lot make the same mistake.

My favourite game by far and one that doesn't seem to get a huge amount of credit is an early access game called Satisfactory although it's in a better state than some released games, I've had few issues with it. It's a first person game where you're dropped onto an alien planet and the idea is you harvest resources, process them through machines and make finished goods. To begin with your factories are quite basic then as you advance through the game you need to build more complex items which need increasingly sophisticated factories. It differs from other games like seven days to die and Ark: Survival Evolved where there's less of a survival element and the gameplay is much more forgiving. You can build really messy factories with spaghetti works of conveyor belts which the game doesn't penalise you for but if you want to build really neat well organised optimised factories, it gives you all the tools to do so. I've reached the top tech tier but still keep going back to try and optimise my factories and connect them all together.

I've also been playing a bit of Forza Horizon 4 which is good to chill out with for a bit and I especially like the fact the map is based on the south of Scotland and northern England.

Steam has an awesome feature where someone can share their game and it allows remote players to see the screen and join in with their own control pad so it's effectively like you're there in front of the screen. A friend has started weekly gaming nights and the three of us despite being spread across the country have been having a lot of fun with the couch co-op game Overcooked and have some brutal matches of Worms WMD.

I mainly use a desktop PC which I'm a big fan of because it's quiet and easy to upgrade so I can progressively upgrade it as needed plus it's used for photo processing, video rendering and virtual machines. Current spec is:

Desktop: AMD Ryzen 9 3900x (12c/24t), Noctua NH-D15 cooler, 64GB ram, X570 chipset, 2TB SSD/44TB HDD, Nvidia GTX 1070 8GB graphics, BD-rom, Fractal Define R6, Corsair 850W PSU, Dell U2711 monitor (1440p)/HTC Vive Pro (VR)
Laptop: Alienware m15 r1, Intel Core i7 8750H, 6c/12t), 32GB ram, 2TB SSD, Nvidia RTX 2060, 15in 1080p display
Satisfactory! I love it! I've seen videos from the YouTuber Let's Game It Out, and I've found them quite entertaining. I haven't played Forza yet, but like I said in the OP, I've played Asphalt 9 Legends, which is like a dumbed down Forza... I didn't know steam did that - sounds like a ton of fun; I'll have to check it out!

Also, that's quite a beefy laptop, my man! 32GB RAM, 2TB Storage, you know, the usual? The RTX as well; that's new, and I bet it's nice too.

Another thing, anybody see the April fools teaser Nvidia put out about the "AI USB" to cure AFK?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toninhostark