DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any good flying spots in Carlsbad/San Diego?

Motomaster

Reactions
I got a mini 2 recently, and I am looking for some spots to fly near carlsbad, ca. I have flown at the beach a couple times, as well as lake hodges. Are there any other good spots I should fly at? Thanks

Goggle drone flying locations San Diego. It lists five sites that are recommended. Because of the hills and valleys as well as building density you will notice a lot of signal loss in most areas so be careful. Also there are a few local airports as well as San Diego Airport with NFZ's and of course you have Miramar NAS as well as dozens of military NFZ's throughout the county. IMHO San Diego proper is not drone friendly. Also forgot to mention some of the areas you can fly have a 100 or 200 foot ceiling limit but you can fly. And whatever you do DO NOT get anywhere near the Mexico border. DEA is catching several drones a week running drugs across the boarder. Boarder patrol is heavy in the area and will not hesitate to introduce themselves to you. Just saying.

At top of hill on Hosp Way there is a grove of Eucalyptus trees and walking trails. You can launch from the north most edge of the park and get some wonderful views.

Goggle drone flying locations San Diego. It lists five sites that are recommended. Because of the hills and valleys as well as building density you will notice a lot of signal loss in most areas so be careful. Also there are a few local airports as well as San Diego Airport with NFZ's and of course you have Miramar NAS as well as dozens of military NFZ's throughout the county. IMHO San Diego proper is not drone friendly. Also forgot to mention some of the areas you can fly have a 100 or 200 foot ceiling limit but you can fly. And whatever you do DO NOT get anywhere near the Mexico border. DEA is catching several drones a week running drugs across the boarder. Boarder patrol is heavy in the area and will not hesitate to introduce themselves to you. Just saying.
All five sites listed are not allow drone. I contacted each

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest