DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

ANY HACK TO STOP BEEPING ON RTH ?

JOE CHRONIC

Reactions
Looking to rid the annoying beeping of the RTH feature.
Love the feature, hate the beeping.
Any ideas other than landing manually, lol?

The beeping indicates the drone is in an emergency situation. Whether that situation is RTH or low battery. When it's activated, it's an indication that the operator needs to pay extra attention.

If the beeping during RTH is annoying, fly it back manually. You should anyway. RTH is for emergency situation use.

The beeping indicates the drone is in an emergency situation. Whether that situation is RTH or low battery. When it's activated, it's an indication that the operator needs to pay extra attention.

If the beeping during RTH is annoying, fly it back manually. You should anyway. RTH is for emergency situation use.

Even when flying manually it still beeps when the battery is under 20%. And it gets even worse at 15% or 10% (not sure which). I would like to push a button to say "Yeah I know, now shut up!!!" or at least lower the volume considerably! It doesn't need to alarm the whole neighborhood!!!

Even when flying manually it still beeps when the battery is under 20%. And it gets even worse at 15% or 10% (not sure which). I would like to push a button to say "Yeah I know, now shut up!!!" or at least lower the volume considerably! It doesn't need to alarm the whole neighborhood!!!
Do you also ignore the low fuel warning in your car & drive past the fuel station, thinking you can make it to the next one? Flying with only 15% battery charge remaining is really gambling that you won’t experience any issues & run out of juice before you can get it back. The warning beep is basically telling you this!

I agree with these replies, it does seem loud but it’s an emergency battery level warning and the RTH too as it’s reminding you that’s it’s coming back on a set height etc you’re be annoyed if it wasn’t there or too quiet, crashed and claimed against DJI!
Fly within the battery settings or CHANGE them or don’t use RTH, simple.

Drone is a MA2, I know what the beeping is for, just want it to end, lol...

If you think RTH, low battery or critical battery-forced landing is bad, try running the RC down to 10% battery. THAT is an annoying, scary sound.

Do you also ignore the low fuel warning in your car & drive past the fuel station, thinking you can make it to the next one? Flying with only 15% battery charge remaining is really gambling that you won’t experience any issues & run out of juice before you can get it back. The warning beep is basically telling you this!

Nobody said anything about ignoring the warning. All we're asking for is for something a little bit more discrete. It doesn't need to be screaming bloody hell all the way back. Do you need a blaring alarm to tell you you're getting low on fuel in your car until you fill up?!?

I don't know about you, but I don't tend to fall asleep when piloting my drone. A nice little warning on the cell phone, plus a discrete sound warning on the remote would be more than enough. Why can't we just push a button to acknowledge the warning and shut it up? Do you really have to be reminded every 3 seconds that your battery is low? Are you afraid you're going to forget?

Probably never going to change and you ignore those warnings to your pocket books peril.

The Simple solution is to fly within the bounds of where the alarms are not going to go off

Reactions: InvisibleName
I opened up my remote and filled over the top of the speaker hole with a dab of hot glue. Now only I can hear it, not the next town over! It’s really easy to do. If I ever need to, I can open it up and remove the glue. Problem solved with no damage. YouTube is your best friend.

lol use Rth whenever you want in no way is it a emergency only. I really get a kick out of the you have to fly it back manually!!! I’ve flown Back by myself but I’m also use return to home thousands of times so how many times it failed me never but I will say should always keep your eye on your screen on your drone and be ready to take manual control over it if anything was to happen.

Reactions: Aairon
lol use Rth whenever you want in no way is it a emergency only. I really get a kick out of the you have to fly it back manually!!! I’ve flown Back by myself but I’m also use return to home thousands of times so how many times it failed me never but I will say should always keep your eye on your screen on your drone and be ready to take manual control over it if anything was to happen.
Yes, I guess I was speaking to those who hit RTH and never pay attention to what it does, or fly so far out they have no idea where the drone is.

Your method is the preferred method if you use RTH. In my classes I always tell people to never use RTH, but I guess I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to having one of my drones in the air.

I don't even like mapping missions because all you do it push the button and watch it fly. Those and Litchi missions still make my heart skip when they take off.

Maybe I need to relax a bit?

Reactions: Darren996
Maybe I need to relax a bit?
No just focus on FAA matters my good man :p...good to see you yesterday on TNL...keep up the good fight. I now use spotlight on my M2Z as I haven't switched over my Litchi from Apple to SC to get certain shots. But I used RTH as a zip line tool for flight...so we all have reasons for hitting RTH, but your students probably alre better for "thinking" (At least at first) that RTH is more like the ejection seat;)

But I guess some people would have a hard time knowing that at very few times is the pilot in that front cabin cockpit actually holding that control wheel during that flight..it's a set it, and forget it world now. :) It can actually land that darn thing too. Scary thought..which I ponder who would be the wiser in passenger cabin? Till they woke up the pilot and said: "we're here" :p

Last edited:
Reactions: Vic Moss
Nobody said anything about ignoring the warning. All we're asking for is for something a little bit more discrete. It doesn't need to be screaming bloody hell all the way back. Do you need a blaring alarm to tell you you're getting low on fuel in your car until you fill up?!?

I don't know about you, but I don't tend to fall asleep when piloting my drone. A nice little warning on the cell phone, plus a discrete sound warning on the remote would be more than enough. Why can't we just push a button to acknowledge the warning and shut it up? Do you really have to be reminded every 3 seconds that your battery is low? Are you afraid you're going to forget?
I like the idea of a button to tell the remote to sthu, lol...

Reactions: Jam0ne
Looking to rid the annoying beeping of the RTH feature.
Love the feature, hate the beeping.
Any ideas other than landing manually, lol?
[ tongue-in-cheek reply] Here's another "accessory" that might work...

Oh man, the responses on here. Watch that YT video and pull out the speaker, problem solved.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots