DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any issues with new fly app 1.6.8?

BrianA

Reactions
I've been reading a lot of issues that people have posted about with the newest Fly App version. It seems to be with the Mini 3 and its display integrated controller. However, I recently upgraded the app and wondering if anyone has had any issues using this latest version with the M2 and RC-N1 controller? I haven't had a chance to fly since upgrading. Just wanted to see if the issues have carried over to the M2 aircraft.

Just wanted to see if the issues have carried over to the M2 aircraft.

I fly a Mini 2 and other than the change to the Attitude Indicator, I've had no issues…

But as for the change to the Atti Indicator, I am trying to keep my brain from exploding… I will not go into it here, as it has had a Multitude of comments already posted in the Firmware and Software Forum…

But here is why my brain is trying to explode…

Whenever I take off and there is a breeze, especially if there are any wind gusts, I lift off, Yaw to the North, and gain altitude, as I get higher, I look at the Atti indicator to see which way the wind is blowing and the strength of the wind gusts.

Previously, the "wings" gave me that information as the Drone would "lean" into the wind and gusts would cause the wings to waggle as the Drone fought the gusts.

Now, the Atti no longer shows wings, but a ground and sky indicator, but it is backwards from the one you would see in an actual aircraft and I'm hard pressed to understand it with just a quick glance…

I'm sure I’ll get over it with time, but right now, when I glance at it, my brain starts ticking…

brain.png

What firmware are you on?
Did the update force a firmware update on Mini2
FLy 1.6.8
aircraft firmware 01.05.000
controller firmware 04.11.0034

I don't recall whether I installed that version of the firmware before or after the app update.

I see that there's an update to the Fly app. Now 1.6.9.

Did the update force a firmware update on Mini2

Version 1.6.8 changed the Attitude Indicator and many of us do not like it!

I fly a Mini 2 and other than the change to the Attitude Indicator, I've had no issues…

But as for the change to the Atti Indicator, I am trying to keep my brain from exploding…

I am active on other Web Sites that cater to the DJI and Mavic line of Drones and this change to the Atti Indicator has garnered little attention on the DJI Forum Web Site and it seems to have been given a "Mulligan" there...

But here is why my brain is trying to explode…

Whenever I take off and there is a breeze, especially if there are any wind gusts, I lift off, Yaw to the North, and gain altitude, as I get higher, I look at the Atti indicator to see which way the wind is blowing and the strength of the wind gusts.

Previously, the "wings" gave me that information as the Drone would "lean" into the wind and gusts would cause the wings to waggle as the Drone fought the gusts.

Now, the Atti no longer shows wings, but a ground and sky indicator, but it is backwards from the "swing of the Wings" and the one you would see in an actual aircraft and I'm hard pressed to understand it with just a quick glance…

I'm sure I’ll get over it with time, but right now, when I glance at it, my brain starts ticking…

brain.png

Reactions: eva2000
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54