DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Mavic pilots in Minneapolis ?

Jet skier

Reactions
Wondering if there is any mavic pilots in Minneapolis and where are you like to fly and possibly meet up

I live in Champlin; NW suburb of Minneapolis. I'm a very inexperienced MP pilot. My schedule doesn't allow me to get out often so I only have a few flights under my belt. That said, I'd be willing to see if we can set something up. I'm a pro photographer so I could at least help you with that.

I live in Austin Texas but frequent Minneapolis quite often to visit my son and fly when I’m there, pm me.

indianapolis

I live in the southwest suburbs, Belle Plaine. I have a Mavic Air, there is some pretty good flying spots in the area here. There are no restricted areas near here, the closest airport is Flying Cloud and we are well beyond the 5 mile radius.

Awesome I’m in mpls now got here last night flying back to Austin Texas as we speak will be back this weekend for a few days looking forward to some flight time.

Mike in Minneapolis here I discovered an awesome place to fly it is in Hudson Wisconsin just across the border on I 94 . It’s right in the city park on the St. Croix River in town great for boat spotting and there are several islands to fly around I am here Monday morning and there’s hardly anybody in the park I have a lot of work coming up here I’m not sure when I can get away again for several hours but I will be in touch . J Magness I flew in that Hassan park up by you that is a nice huge area to fly but not much shade

Reactions: JMagnus
I live in the southwest suburbs, Belle Plaine. I have a Mavic Air, there is some pretty good flying spots in the area here. There are no restricted areas near here, the closest airport is Flying Cloud and we are well beyond the 5 mile radius.
Do you fly over the river there and do boat spotting that’s what I like doing on the Mississippi by my house

I've flown over the river to recording spring flooding. You don't see many boats on this part of the river, An occasional person fishing or canoeing is about it.

I am up in Champlin and have had my MA for about 2 months. So far, I have flown around my house and the local parks, the cabin in NW WI and one Saturday I went up to Ramsey and Otsego. I would like to go to some areas with more than just trees to take photos of but everything seems to be restricted (Mississippi river corridor, downtown MPLS, Minnehaha Falls). Don’t get me wrong, it is a blast flying in sport mode across a field, but I also want to get some shots of moving water and buildings.

It is also tough to get out with three kids in activities and household stuff to deal with on weekends.

I am up in Champlin and have had my MA for about 2 months. So far, I have flown around my house and the local parks, the cabin in NW WI and one Saturday I went up to Ramsey and Otsego. I would like to go to some areas with more than just trees to take photos of but everything seems to be restricted (Mississippi river corridor, downtown MPLS, Minnehaha Falls). Don’t get me wrong, it is a blast flying in sport mode across a field, but I also want to get some shots of moving water and buildings.

It is also tough to get out with three kids in activities and household stuff to deal with on weekends.
Yea I live 4 blocks from the Mississippi River gorge in mpls. I do fly there every now and then in early mornings its great there is an abandoned railroad trestle which is great for practicing.But it is a national park, but it is soooo convenient . I haven't had any complaints only interested people .I am to getting tired of trees only, love to go up to north shore forests and rivers to shoot but bad back prevents long commutes

Yea I live 4 blocks from the Mississippi River gorge in mpls. I do fly there every now and then in early mornings its great there is an abandoned railroad trestle which is great for practicing.But it is a national park, but it is soooo convenient . I haven't had any complaints only interested people .I am to getting tired of trees only, love to go up to north shore forests and rivers to shoot but bad back prevents long commutes
Love to fly down town mpls and stone arch bridge area but I'm not gutsy enough

You may want to consider the Minnesota River valley. You have the historic towns like Carver, Blakeley, Henderson, and further upstream New Ulm, plus there's the Carver Rapids and some awesome scenery if you take the Scenic Byway. The only thing is much of the actual river corridor is a national wildlife refuge so you do have to be careful where you fly.

You may want to consider the Minnesota River valley. You have the historic towns like Carver, Blakeley, Henderson, and further upstream New Ulm, plus there's the Carver Rapids and some awesome scenery if you take the Scenic Byway. The only thing is much of the actual river corridor is a national wildlife refuge so you do have to be careful where you fly.
It Would be a good journey to look for abandoned buildings buildings which which would be fun to drone also

Reactions: tleonhar
Here is a video I took this past week. The church dates to the mid 1800's.
Very nice job, where is that church? I would nt mind shooting that. Was that a mp or m2p?

Very good piloting for being so new

This is a good suggestion, I just have to find the time to make a day trip down to the other side of town. Maybe that will be a fall trip to capture some of the leaves changing!

Very nice job, where is that church? I would nt mind shooting that. Was that a mp or m2p?
This is located in Jessenland township of Sibley county. It's along Sibley county road 6 also known as the Scenic Byway between Blakeley and Henderson. If you travel south on US 169, a few miles past the big yellow candy store between Jordan and Belle Plaine. Go past Belle Plaine then watch for the sign directing you to Blakeley, a right turn, that will take you into Blakeley, a town of less than 100 people, cross the river, then turn left at the first crossroad past the river, 2 to 3 miles and you will be there. As a side note, my parents are buried in the cemetery there. I shot the video with my Mavic Air with an ND4CPL filter.

This is a good suggestion, I just have to find the time to make a day trip down to the other side of town. Maybe that will be a fall trip to capture some of the leaves changing!
Tell your kids about Minnesota's largest candy store between Jordan and Belle Plaine, they'll help you make time. ? ? ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242