DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any Miami residents around?

DW009

Reactions
I'll be traveling to Miami next week and just checked out some locations to fly my Mavic at.

I thought about flying it on Watson Island to take some photos of the Skyline.
When checking the location on Airmap, it shows an airport called 'Miami' which is supposedly located on Dodge Island but I can't find any information about that airport? Or is it the port and it's not allowed to fly around ports as well?

Here are the screenshots from Airmap.
IMG_7710.jpg
IMG_7711.jpg

Any help would be much appreciated!

Reactions: itsneedtokno
I live in Miami. That's a Seaplane base. It's not always active. That area is one of the most photographed areas of Miami. You can fly there. If you hug the causeway bridge and get closer to the city you will be over water and out of the flight path of the sea planes, if they even show up.

Yes I’m a new pilot in Miami Beach and looking for to connect with other pilots here in the area to exchange ideas of sound editing and for the Mavic DJI MavicI’m by the John F. Kennedy Causeway in Miami Beach and like I said I’m a new pilot Mavic mini

Yes I’m a new pilot in Miami Beach and looking for to connect with other pilots here in the area to exchange ideas of sound editing and for the Mavic DJI MavicI’m by the John F. Kennedy Causeway in Miami Beach and like I said I’m a new pilot Mavic mini

Hey welcome!! Always good to see FL drone pilots. What kinda of ideas are you having? Are you trying to shoot something commercially or recreational?

Hey welcome!! Always good to see FL drone pilots. What kinda of ideas are you having? Are you trying to shoot something commercially or recreational?
recreational and educational , informative , or documentive , if that word even exists lol , but some i will send over seas to show some highlighted areas in south Florida , so actually a few things but all being non-profit stuff for now.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929