DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any mission app will let you set altitude higher than 500m?

macbrush

Reactions
I am planning a mission to fly up to the mountain and do a reveal shot after passing the top. The whole route should be somewhere between 100m to 150m AGL and total distance is about 3km. However, the top of the mountain is about 550m from where I want to take off, and I want it to be as smooth as possible so manual control is out of the question. So I need a mission planning that allows me to go setting beyond alt 500m. Is there anything like that out there?

Thanks for any suggestions

P.S. I have a patched MPP.

I am planning a mission to fly up to the mountain and do a reveal shot after passing the top. The whole route should be somewhere between 100m to 150m AGL and total distance is about 3km. However, the top of the mountain is about 550m from where I want to take off, and I want it to be as smooth as possible so manual control is out of the question. So I need a mission planning that allows me to go setting beyond alt 500m. Is there anything like that out there?

When I filmed the Santan Mtns. Near me I found a place to land above my position... with good visibility of the drone. After 20-30 seconds took off and the drone reset the landing point as zero altitude. Did fly home manually. The high peak I crested and looked over is about 3100’ above the desert floor.
Here’s the result if you want to see it after editing:

Reactions: macbrush

I found a hack to get litchi to do this. Fly to the height point you want the the waypoint to be then “waypoint at aircraft.” This records the height and sets the height of the waypoint. You can then drag this waypoint where you want it.

I found a hack to get litchi to do this. Fly to the height point you want the the waypoint to be then “waypoint at aircraft.” This records the height and sets the height of the waypoint. You can then drag this waypoint where you want it.

Thanks, I'll give it a try and see how it goes. Currently I am experimenting Dronelink, seems can do a lot more than Litchi but also a lot more complicated.

Reactions: pelagic_one
When I filmed the Santan Mtns. Near me I found a place to land above my position... with good visibility of the drone. After 20-30 seconds took off and the drone reset the landing point as zero altitude. Did fly home manually. The high peak I crested and looked over is about 3100’ above the desert floor.
Here’s the result if you want to see it after editing:

That's a great idea, only if I can find a place to land that's within light of sight, losing reception and can't get the bird back in the air would mean losing the drone since the area I fly is mostly inaccessible by foot.

That's a great idea, only if I can find a place to land that's within light of sight, losing reception and can't get the bird back in the air would mean losing the drone since the area I fly is mostly inaccessible by foot.
Just like the Santan peak.. no trails for miles and very steep... gotta choose carefully.

Does that only work on the MPP or would that also work on an M2?

Just tried this on my CrystalSky, all waypoints set higher than 500m reverted back to 500m. Which version of Litchi app are you using? Maybe I can find a apk of older version and try again. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potenthockey0