DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any one have trouble get it to land

Clintoops

Reactions
Was flying and was going to land. When low battery alarm went off I was over landing pad
1 1/2 feet off the ground and couldn't get it to descend .
Had to raise it up and hand grabbed it then tryed to go to return home height . Finally got it shut down . What do you do in a case like this.

Cancel Return to home is really the best option , once your aware it can happen you wont panic and you will just stop it and start to land. This same thing can happen if your home point has been triggered else where , once your aware its easy to switch to the Map and drag your home point closer to you.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini in the Rain.

Reactions: Clintoops
Cancel Return to home is really the best option , once your aware it can happen you wont panic and you will just stop it and start to land. This same thing can happen if your home point has been triggered else where , once your aware its easy to switch to the Map and drag your home point closer to you.

Phantomrain.org
The funny thing is I was at the home point centered over landing pad After I grabbed it it tried to lift how do you get the motors off after grabbing by hand

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
...1 1/2 feet off the ground and couldn't get it to descend .
And how did you try to get it to land..?

It's perfectly normal that the drone stop when the vps sensors indicate that ground is 0,5m below it ... there it's not enough to just nudge the throttle in order to get it lower, you need to hold & keep holding the throttle for full descend, then it will go down for landing & then shut off the motors.

So you grabbed it as it was lifting off to RTH , the best thing you can do is simply take the time to cancel it and re land , dont be so focused on landing on the landing pad, The other thing you can do is Flip it over and the Motor should shut off.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Float on the Water

So you grabbed it as it was lifting off to RTH , the best thing you can do is simply take the time to cancel it and re land , dont be so focused on landing on the landing pad, The other thing you can do is Flip it over and the Motor should shut off.

Phantomrain.org
No I already had it in hand then it rev up so tryed to get motor to shut down finally got them off.
Kind of hard to get sticks into proper configuration one handed.
Yes I was holding stick full down .
Of course I'm just learning an can make mistakes. I was amazed at the thrust of the motors.

Phantomrain.org
Thanks for your great advice.

Reactions: MAVE (Little bird)

Phantomrain.org
Thank you great things to know your A1

And how did you try to get it to land..?

It's perfectly normal that the drone stop when the vps sensors indicate that ground is 0,5m below it ... there it's not enough to just nudge the throttle in order to get it lower, you need to hold & keep holding the throttle for full descend, then it will go down for landing & then shut off the motors.
I grabbed it while it was hovering
Because it would not descend.
Then it boosted power.

Phantomrain.org
Great thank you for your vast knowledge some more info for me to keep in my tool box 👍

if you try to grab it it will try to go up, to stop the motors quickly, after you have got it in you hand just turn it upside down and the motors will stop
this is just for emergencies dont make it a regular habit, it can cause issues with the ESCs if you do it to often

if you try to grab it it will try to go up, to stop the motors quickly, after you have got it in you hand just turn it upside down and the motors will stop
this is just for emergencies dont make it a regular habit, it can cause issues with the ESCs if you do it to often
Ok I will remember that thanks

Reactions: old man mavic
I catch with my left hand, hold remote in right and do CSC with my right thumb, and chin.

I'm not kidding. Been doing it that way since the Mavic Pro, when I saw it on a YT video demonstrating hand-catch.

I've done the flip over too, but the chin maneuver is so second nature now I do a better job without any motor run up, most of the time.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giku