DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any performance reviews on the new Mavic Platinum?

Edslittleworld

Reactions
Has anyone posted a real-world test of the new Platinum model. I'm very curious on actual battery life, performance characteristics of the new motors (MPH?) and prop noise. Plus, I'd be interested if there are any updates with regard to range, video quality, features or safeguards. Thanks!

The motors aren't new, just the prop design and the electronic speed controllers. A change in camera hardware is supposed to improve video if you're shooting in 1080p at 60 fps, but that's it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mako79
I think this is a decent review.

I've read many many reviews and it seems to be a consensus that, if you haven't already ordered or have a regular Mavic Pro, it is worth getting the Platinum. I suppose being quieter is nicer as to not attract attention when flying. I just hope they, or competition, does not come out with a newer model with even MORE bells and whistles soon after I purchase one. I have the P3 Standard now so I have been "bitten" by the bug and think I will really enjoy my new hobby. Your comments on Pro vs Platinum and your buying experience would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reactions: Islandguy27
I don't think it really matters which Mavic you get. If the Platinum flies like the Pro you will be happy. I know, longer flight time, maybe a tiny improvement on camera, a decibel or two on noise, but the props fit on either one. I will keep my existing Mavic and fly it until it's worn out and then I will look for the latest and greatest. With the arrival of the Platinum edition I bet you can find a regular Mavic Pro pretty cheap if you look in the right places. If you wait to buy because you are scared something better is coming out you will never get one. Buy either one now and enjoy the hobby.

The main reason that I'm asking is that my current MP is limited not by signal, but by battery life. I photograph a lot in the mountains and "travel time" from launch point to area I'm interested in shooting is at least 50% of the battery life. The on-station time is what is important to me and 3 extra minutes is significant when it comes to be used to having only a few minutes to shoot photos.

Reactions: Islandguy27
The main reason that I'm asking is that my current MP is limited not by signal, but by battery life. I photograph a lot in the mountains and "travel time" from launch point to area I'm interested in shooting is at least 50% of the battery life. The on-station time is what is important to me and 3 extra minutes is significant when it comes to be used to having only a few minutes to shoot photos.
3 dji minutes = 90 realistic seconds.

A drop in noise level would be nice, as sometimes my wife can't hear me when I'm talking to her around the Pro. However, as much as the drop in DB is talked about, the 10% increase in flight time, to me, is the biggest advantage. I've seen videos of people doing distance tests where that extra 10% would have saved them from having to make an EL in an undesignated area. I don't perform distance tests, but the extra 10% might get me that particular video footage that I might have missed out on.

Reactions: Edslittleworld
A drop in noise level would be nice, as sometimes my wife can't hear me when I'm talking to her around the Pro. However, as much as the drop in DB is talked about, the 10% increase in flight time, to me, is the biggest advantage. I've seen videos of people doing distance tests where that extra 10% would have saved them from having to make an EL in an undesignated area. I don't perform distance tests, but the extra 10% might get me that particular video footage that I might have missed out on.

Exactly! One of my fave locations to shoot is over 8000' away from launch point. Just getting there and back take most of the battery life...leaving me just a minute or two to shoot pix.

Any improvement on the rumored 1080p 60fps mode? Or any improvement on the video quality whatsoever?

Reactions: Soft7
Has anybody tried to roll back firmware yet?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anchorhavasu