DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any reason to keep my Parrot Bebop 2 FPV?

Edslittleworld

Reactions
In a moment of weakness in waiting for my Mavic Pro, I bought a Parrot Bebop 2 at Best Buy (on semi-sale) a few months ago. It's not bad drone at all, but the video feed and range are abysmal compared to the Mavic. However, one thing I do like about the Parrot...is that it's kind of a "screamer" with regard to speed, acceleration and maneuvering. I'll take it out with just the tablet for Wifi and do some strafing of Saguaro cacti in the area. I paid $500 for the FPV goggles and skycontroller, but probably can't get $300 for it now. Should I keep it as a backup drone?

Yes, it's fun to have two.
(I only have one, and my fiancee wishes she had a drone to fly while I'm flying my MP)

Reactions: Edslittleworld
There are some features for which the Bepop is still better, example:
There is still a long way to go for the Mavic
Glad that I saw this video. I was going to return my Bebop 2 FPV as well but may hold on to it after seeing your video comparison. I experienced the same type of active track errors you did. I will look more closely at the Bebop 2 Follow-me feature.

Thanks

Also look at the quality of the footage, the Mavic wins hands down !

Sell it while it's still worth something.
Buy a Spark as your "backup" drone. Smaller and more capable then your Bepop...

Reactions: kemmi387
Sell it while it's still worth something.
Buy a Spark as your "backup" drone. Smaller and more capable then your Bepop...

Lol, I sent it back to Amazon...I love Amazon no hassle returns!
I think I will look into the Spark. I'd like to see them sweeten the package. I don't like the fact that I have to buy a separate controller for it. I should be able to use the Mavic controller.

Bebop 2 is a blast to fly with the sky controller.,also tough as nails! It and the spark are two different drone ,highly capable play drone, highly capable selfie drone. I'm an old man ,rather play than take selfies.

Bebop 2 is a blast to fly with the sky controller.,also tough as nails! It and the spark are two different drone ,highly capable play drone, highly capable selfie drone. I'm an old man ,rather play than take selfies.
Chun, you are right it was fun to fly. I guess I just like the DJI packaging a little more. I have two Parrot AR.2.0 that my kids play with. That's the platform that I cut my teeth on, the only problem I had with those were the WiFi interference which made it somewhat unreliable.

Last edited:
...I think I will look into the Spark. I'd like to see them sweeten the package. I don't like the fact that I have to buy a separate controller for it. I should be able to use the Mavic controller.
That's interesting. I just assumed it came with a similar feature set as the Mavic and then the Fly More combo if you wanted extra batteries and the case.

That's kind of crappy that they backed into that $500 price but you don't get a controller or a separate charger (just a plug for the drone). Also surprised they don't include the prop guards by default since they advertise this as a hand catch device.

It also looks like with the Fly More combo, you only have a total of 2 batteries, so they're only giving you one extra.

Shady... will force people (and you really need the combo) to decide between $800 for the mini drone, or for only $200 more, you can get the Mavic! Maybe it's just good marketing. :D

Reactions: kemmi387

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair