DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any sign of the "registration required" update?

AlanTheBeast

Reactions
I have a flight this evening and as I was checking my gear out a few minutes ago I see no sign of the update.

Anyone?

It is an app update, not a firmware update and it has been out for a few days now...

It is an app update, not a firmware update and it has been out for a few days now...

Did you notice any changes? I recently switched over to the iPad mini but the app looks essentially the same to me...

Really? What version? I got no notices at all.

Version 4.1.0 on iOS. Android may have a different number, as it's usually one behind.
The only thing it has you do is log into your DJI account when you start up this version of the app for the first time.

Version 4.1.0 on iOS. Android may have a different number, as it's usually one behind.
The only thing it has you do is log into your DJI account when you start up this version of the app for the first time.

Shows 4.0.6. (iOS). If I ask to check for updates, nothing happens.

I never received a notice to update but I went to the Android Play store and the DjiGo4 app showed the UPDATE tab a few days ago .

Shows 4.0.6. (iOS). If I ask to check for updates, nothing happens.
Alen I'd leave it alone if your apps working along with the Mavic , maybe DJI is having second thoughts lolllll
From what I understand is if you update to the latest GO app you have to accept the new TOS . if you don't accept the TOS your remote gets locked into beginner mode
AnyBody if this is not true please correct me
FlySafe-FlyFree

Reactions: Peel
Alen I'd leave it alone if your apps working along with the Mavic , maybe DJI is having second thoughts lolllll
From what I understand is if you update to the latest GO app you have to accept the new TOS . if you don't accept the TOS your remote gets locked into beginner mode
FlySafe-FlyFree

I haven't noticed any issues from others so I forced it via the App Store for iPhone and iPad.

Alan you forced it ????????
if you downloaded it and installed it ........ it was not Forced ........ it was excepted
Good Luck

FlySafe-FlyFree

I was never presented with a new TOS to accept or decline. The only screen that came up after installing the new app, was that I had to re-login to my DJI account.

Reactions: SkunkWerx's
There are no new TOS, you just had to be logged in. If you already were then there wasn't even a prompt.

Does that mean you had auto updates diasabled and manually updated? I assume so ??

Probably. I eschew automatic updates generally whether on my devices or my Macs. Occasionally something goes wrong with some update that prevents use, so I wait to see how an update "matures" for a week or 2 before pulling it down.

I was never presented with a new TOS to accept or decline. The only screen that came up after installing the new app, was that I had to re-login to my DJI account.

From what you are saying now goes against what DJI's explained how it would work form the beginning of all this BS
That's ok I expect this from them ---- I believe DJI is holding off for now after there customer's voiced there opinion's
just be ready for it ----- They do things when you would least expect it !!!
This is my opinion after seeing how DJI does things !!
In the past week my Android device caught 7 updates trying to be installed to the GO4 app silently in the background ..... Why ???

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
testtest