Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Any suggestions for MP2 Smart Controller joystick extenders?

Captain Oveur

Reaction score
Stupidly I bought the Polar Pro ones and (doh) they don’t fit the smart controller...

msinger

DJI Drone Expert
Approved Vendor
Premium Pilot
Reaction score
Loc
Harrisburg, PA (US)
Reactions: Captain Oveur

Captain Oveur

Reaction score
Clicked the link above, and the following picture shows up on the Amazon ad for the sticks. But how do you have a drone flying straight and level put that picture on the controller?
Hmmm, looking at that picture, and I don’t know about you but I believe every ad that I see, the pilot must have some heavy personalised adaptations to his controller.

Aerial-Pixel

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Loc
Dayton, Ohio USA
Great. I thinking about these. Anyone use ‘em?
The only reason I haven't purchased these is I was hoping for something a little taller, they only extend 4.5mm compared to the 12.7mm of the Polar Pro, I was hoping they would have released one by now.

Trained Ape

Reaction score
I went to Tractor Supply and bought some short metric bolts. Yes, I shortened my sticks.
I'm sure you could easily buy some longer bolts that would suit your purpose.

Been thinking about cutting my other sticks down so that they are just nubs sticking out if the roller ball.
I fly with my thumbs and don't much care for the extreme amount of "throw" with these long sticks.
I feel that I have gained a better feel for the airship and have greater control not having to correct from exaggerated movements of the sticks.

Pat

Aerial-Pixel

Approved Vendor
Reaction score
Loc
Dayton, Ohio USA
I went to Tractor Supply and bought some short metric bolts. Yes, I shortened my sticks.
I'm sure you could easily buy some longer bolts that would suit your purpose.

Been thinking about cutting my other sticks down so that they are just nubs sticking out if the roller ball.
I fly with my thumbs and don't much care for the extreme amount of "throw" with these long sticks.
I feel that I have gained a better feel for the airship and have greater control not having to correct from exaggerated movements of the sticks.

Pat
The idea behind long sticks is you can make even finer movements. On a longer throw stick moving it 1/16" would be a very small movement, doing the same on a shorter stick would make a much larger and very noticeable movement which isn't good for smooth shooting and flying.

Reactions: Trained Ape

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aldo