DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any suggestions on where to fly in northern New Jersey?

Up in the Air would be a good start. :)

Reactions: jspil
Just looking for hidden gems in north Jersey.

I too am looking this fall for places in North West NJ to fly - post something you want to explore and let's see if we can meet up. I am in Mount Olive Twp out rt80 exit 26.

Where is that? Is that the town?
I found Piermont, NY...looks like it’s in Orangetown, NY..(google maps), looks like from google maps it would be a spectacular place to fly. Check local drone laws before flying. I was planing to head to Stokes State forest today, turns out flying in state parks in NJ is not legal.

Little late to the game but Lake Hopatcong is a good spot and up around Sparta/Jefferson

Same deal. Lake Hopatcong is a state park. The “No Drones” sign greets you as you enter the parking lot.

Jake

Hopatcong is good to fly over, the state park on the southern end is a no-go. I usually fly from the small lot across from Tiny's Tavern. I've had a few cops come by asking what I was doing, when I told them I was over the lake flying my drone, they just said be careful and left.

Unless you know otherwise?

Hopatcong is good to fly over, the state park on the southern end is a no-go. I usually fly from the small lot across from Tiny's Tavern. I've had a few cops come by asking what I was doing, when I told them I was over the lake flying my drone, they just said be careful and left.

Unless you know otherwise?

I'm only familiar with the park area. Thanks for the correction.

Jake

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
da4o98