DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any underwater photographers? Which housings do you use?

Former Member

Reactions
Im just wondering if we have any underwater photographers here, and if so, which housings do you use to protect your SLR's and video equipment? I have a Canon T6i that I might want to protect, but not sure if they make a housing.

Also, I know that my S9+ is not waterproof, but are there any housings for it that I can use on vacation to get underwater pictures? Im looking for one that actually works because I dont want to drown my $900 phone :)

Im just wondering if we have any underwater photographers here, and if so, which housings do you use to protect your SLR's and video equipment? I have a Canon T6i that I might want to protect, but not sure if they make a housing.

Also, I know that my S9+ is not waterproof, but are there any housings for it that I can use on vacation to get underwater pictures? Im looking for one that actually works because I dont want to drown my $900 phone :)
sounds like you need to get yourself one of those new underwater drones Rob they save you from getting wet

Reactions: Former Member

Maybe use some neoprene wrapped around your camera, just like the PhantomRa... actually 2nd thought, I wouldn't bother ;)

In the days i did a lot of underwater photography (anyone else remember taking a black bag chemicals and a development tank on a diveboat) I had a custom made housing for my camera. Managed t flood it one day when a bit of cotton got across an O ring. Goodby camera.

This looks to be a good option.
That's a case for the X3000, usually the camera comes with one included and they can be bought new around £300
The image quality is similar to the Hero7 except the stabilisation is optical.
X3000 actually has a special setting for correct underwater colour balance

Reactions: AnotherMavicPilot

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato