DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any updates on charging options?

Franks my Dog

Reactions
i finally bit the bullet and bought a CS 5.5. I thought i’d convinced myself that I didn’t need one; I was happy with the iPad, the CS was pretty $$$, and it pi$$ed me off no end that a charger or even a charging cable was not included.

However, as is all too often the case, a little more disposable income than expected was available, I happened to be in a local shop when their latest shipment arrived, and “ba-ding!” A CS and Polar Pro mount came home with me.

What didn’t follow me home was yet another charger...so far. I’m LOATHE to add an extra one to the mix unless there is absolutely NO other choice. I’ve searched for charging threads, but didn’t find a definitive answer to whether or not you can use one of those blue, after market chargers for Mavic batteries to charge the CS battery, and if so, where you can get the appropriate cable?

Has there been any recent “discoveries” in that direction? I’ve also seen discussion of using a laptop power supply....same question; is just the cable available anywhere?

Thanks in advance

I got a Taifu 58W adapter from Amazon. The way I see it is that it's light so easy to travel with. I just leave it the charging the batteries at night. The 2 batteries for the crystalsky last me a good number of hours so I'm not really worried about fast charge. If I'm near power, then I just plug in and charge one battery while I fly with the other.

120W will do a nice quick job, I agree... but 58W works just fine for me. I've never gone through both crystalsky batteries in one day. I just put all my batteries on charge the night before I want to use them and let them get on with it. Weight however is important for me as regular flight travel (hand luggage only) with my Mavic, chargers, car chargers, Nikon D500, lenses, tripod etc leaves me little spare weight/room for clothes as it is. A 120W charger weighs in at close to 1kg and takes up far more space.

Thanks everyone. I ended up ordering the Smatree charger. It seemed like the best bang for the buck, and I’m assuming with 120W output it should charge fairly quickly.
Do most of you fly with two batteries for your CS, one on the monitor and a second standing by, or do you find the battery life enough to get by with one? I have four batteries for the Mavic, so i’m Assuming that with one battery for the CS, I should be out of power for the Mavic before the CS dies. Is that a reasonable assessment?

Thanks everyone. I ended up ordering the Smatree charger. It seemed like the best bang for the buck, and I’m assuming with 120W output it should charge fairly quickly.
Do most of you fly with two batteries for your CS, one on the monitor and a second standing by, or do you find the battery life enough to get by with one? I have four batteries for the Mavic, so i’m Assuming that with one battery for the CS, I should be out of power for the Mavic before the CS dies. Is that a reasonable assessment?

The 5.5 doesn't use a whole lot of battery, the Ultra bright does.

So you should be able to get away with one battery, just watch out for the overheating, if your flying for 2 hrs continuously.

The CS will warn you when you need to shut it down

I

I fly with the ultra and 4 Mavic batteries. I get 2 good flights with preset-up out of the display before changing to the second battery. There is still battery left, but I don't like cutting it close on any flight for safety.
I have the screen set to auto bright so as to conserve battery.

Dude 2 C's batteries will last you for hours of flying remember to catche your maps when your at home. It goes by state

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60