DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any updates on Waypoint jerky issue?

Rogerc

Reactions
Any updates on Waypoint jerky issue?
Yes, I did a search.

I tried to find in this forum and in other drone forums if the Waypoint jerkiness problem has been resolved. Found nothing that states a FIX.
But still wanting to know if there has been any fix or improvement in the waypoint jerkiness with the M2P on both Go4 and the Litchi app as of April 2022?
Also, is the Litchi app any better than the Go4 app for at least minimizing the problem?
Any help in work arounds or ways to at least minimize the jerkiness would be appreciated.
Thanks,
RC

I wasn't aware of the MP2 having that problem. I thought it was only with the newer DJI drones that use the Fly app. Reason why is it uses virtual sticks vs automated flight.

It was quite a discussion on the forums two years ago. But not much discussed since then. I’m still having the same problem and I don’t think the jittery part was ever solved. Just trying to get the latest info.

Guess I can't help you much since i've never used the Go4 app and I don't own an MP2. Litchi is always updating but I think mostly only for the newer drones coming out. They're at version 4.22.2 for android and 2.13.2 for IOS now.

Last edited:
Are you using Interpolate for the Waypoints instead of Focus POI? That smooths it out quite a bit.

I
Guess I can't help you much since i've never used the Go4 app and I don't own an MP2. Litchi is always updating but I think mostly only for the newer drones coming out. They're at version 4.22.2 for android and 2.13.2 for IOS now.

They update for new models of course, but the waypoint mission feature has been there for a long time, much longer than DJI's version in Go 4 (the code for which is probably now frozen since they no longer ship Go 4 with new drones). LITCHI is much more mature AND it will continue to be updated for new models, but probably also any issues they find with waypoint missions.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: Tufargon
I have same jerky issue when aircraft is yaw'ing on my M2E (zoom) using litchi waypoints (onboard mission). so annoying. the issue looks very similar to the virtual joysticks yaw issue with Air 2. Can't get any decent footage either POI or Toward Next Waypoint when the drone is turning, even slightly.
Wasted $4k+ on Air 2 and M2E/Z; should've stuck with my original Mavic Air.
Time to look at Skydio perhaps; I don't know what else to do.

I

They update for new models of course, but the waypoint mission feature has been there for a long time, much longer than DJI's version in Go 4 (the code for which is probably now frozen since they no longer ship Go 4 with new drones). LITCHI is much more mature AND it will continue to be updated for new models, but probably also any issues they find with waypoint missions.

Chris
Not sure if you are arguing or enforcing what I said 🤪

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa