DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any way to get FCC mode?

Shanky

Reactions
I used the hack (using Fake GPS) an got FCC mode working. This was im the summer 2019. The difference from CE mode was major, the signals were a lot better.

Had not been flying for a while, but now I cannot get this hack to work anymore. My android phone is set up with fake GPS location (hear rumours the gps in the drone is making the hack not work anymore).

So it there any other way to make the FCC mode work again? I live in Norway

Reactions: magman
This still worked on my Air last week.
And todo it it was just like always. Using a fake GPS app.
When I set it up I had to also turn off location services (or somthing like that) off on my phone so it would just use GPS.

The obviously always cancel when it tried to auto switch back to CE

The hack still works. May be this is where you are going wrong
hear rumours the gps in the drone is making the hack not work anymore
The drone needs to be in a location with 0 GPS reception, like the middle of your living room away from any windows; better yet in a basement if you have one. Otherwise you won't be able to cheat the drone into thinking it is somewhere in the US and change its transmission mode.

The hack still works. May be this is where you are going wrong

The drone needs to be in a location with 0 GPS reception, like the middle of your living room away from any windows; better yet in a basement if you have one. Otherwise you won't be able to cheat the drone into thinking it is somewhere in the US and change its transmission mode.
Does it need to be like that always or do i just need to hit cancel when it asks for "changing location" thingy in the future ?

Just always click cancel.
You can delete the fake gps app and turn everything on your phone back to normal. The drone should stay in the mode you have it set in as long as you hit cancel.

Reactions: HumanDecoy
Does it need to be like that always or do i just need to hit cancel when it asks for "changing location" thingy in the future ?
The drone needs to be in a place without GPS reception only the first time you apply the hack. Once that is done, you are good to go - just cancel the offer to switch back to a different transmission mode every time it pops up though.

The drone needs to be in a place without GPS reception only the first time you apply the hack. Once that is done, you are good to go - just cancel the offer to switch back to a different transmission mode every time it pops up though.
Great, will test out later today, sounds amazing to not have to use CE, i dont even want FFC for the range, just stability since CE just sucks.

Great, will test out later today, sounds amazing to not have to use CE, i dont even want FFC for the range, just stability since CE just sucks.
Good luck! And yup - CE mode really sucks.

Also, after you trick it into changing modes using the fake GPS app, you can go into the WiFi setting in GO 4 and verify the change has happened. If it is in FCC mode, you will see 11 channels on the 2.4ghz frequency; if it is in CE mode you will see 13.

I used the hack (using Fake GPS) an got FCC mode working. This was im the summer 2019. The difference from CE mode was major, the signals were a lot better.

Had not been flying for a while, but now I cannot get this hack to work anymore. My android phone is set up with fake GPS location (hear rumours the gps in the drone is making the hack not work anymore).

Are you certain you lost the spoofing? It doesn't wear off.

Sweden here. Iv just did the fcc hack spoof just 5 minutes ago and it worked.

I used a lenovo tablet then i went iphone. And i got to keep cancelling the option to change region.

Hi guys!
Are you using fcc and updating everything as normal?
I switched to fcc in february and havnt updated my mavic air since that.

I love fcc and dont want to lose it ?

Just check the transmission and ensure that you have only 11 channels in 2.4Ghz. That confirms you are in FCC mode.

Just check the transmission and ensure that you have only 11 channels in 2.4Ghz. That confirms you are in FCC mode.

Yeah im using fcc now and its working, but i want to update my drone and just wondering that are new updates harmfull to fcc mode in europe?
Does fcc work with newest updates or does it go back to ce and i can say good bye to over 200m distance ?

Yeah im using fcc now and its working, but i want to update my drone and just wondering that are new updates harmfull to fcc mode in europe?
Does fcc work with newest updates or does it go back to ce and i can say good bye to over 200m distance ?
Oh, for that no worries, I have updated to latest firmware and it still works in the same way. Spoof your phone, start the drone and stay / confirm yourself in FCC mode. Subsequently do not agree / deny any other prompt to change region with actual region is detected properly.

Reactions: droneloverair
Oh, for that no worries, I have updated to latest firmware and it still works in the same way. Spoof your phone, start the drone and stay / confirm yourself in FCC mode. Subsequently do not agree / deny any other prompt to change region with actual region is detected properly.

Great! I will try it soon.
Thank you! ?

Last edited:

I struggled with this for ages until I realised (as someone as already mentioned) the drone has to be in a place with no GPS reception for it to work when you're using the fake GPS. Otherwise, presumably, it gets its own GPS signal and uses that in preference to the one from the phone.

I was tearing my hair out trying to do the hack outside. Suddenly realised and took the drone indoors to do it and it worked first time....

Reactions: Jagby
Faggetabawtit!!

nobody walks up to you just to see if your in ce or fcc mode.
Once thing is that nobody will notice and another thing is be legal.

At least in the US if is not approve by FCC will be no legal.

Reactions: TheMavic
Now, after disabling fake GPS, when the application detects the real location, it automatically changes FCC to CE. There is no longer a message to cancel.

• Sad
Reactions: dawgpilot
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett