DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any way to reverse Mavic Mini's gimbal dial?

Thmoore

Premium Pilot
Reactions
For whatever reason, my instinct on which way to push the gimbal dial on the remote controller is always wrong – it goes up when I want down. I'm sure I can train myself to figure this out eventually, but is this something that can be customized and reversed? Thank you!

Reactions: Guarf
If unable to change it via software, or changing your hand coordination, then changing the wires on the encoder is probably all that's left.

Reactions: Thmoore
I thought that a side-to-side dial was not very ergonomic for a pitch-up-and-down function ... I haven’t flown my drone yet, though! But it still seems like an easy design improvement (i.e., roll dial forward with thumb to look down) that DJI should consider!

I’m thinking the dial placement is more a space issue than anything else.
After looking inside the controller, it’s understandable why it is where it is.
With the layout as it is, index finger does fine. Just a matter of getting used to how to operate another tool. I will admit there are several things I would like DJI to modify, but I still enjoy their stuff.

Yes there is a way (I did it on mine) but it comes with a simple hardware mod. You've to open the RC which is frightening but easy and then remove the gimbal wheel connector. As the encoder is a simple pot, just crossing two wire reverses the effect of the wheel.
Crossing the wires can be done easily just pulling the tin parts of the connector outside the plastic housing.
See it here of FB, please skip all the middle unless you want to read useless comments ;-)

Reactions: WooZie
Mate you might want to double check the link. This is what I receive when clicking on it.
That's weird... It is working for me
But I'm not a Facebook addict and do not really know how to share a link on a post...
Some pictures of the connector to mod...
The first one with the extra wires is the original connector, the second one, after having removed the tin parts, and third one, once crossed back in place .

Attachments

• 20200105_220352.jpg
    20200105_220352.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 92
  • 20200106_193709.jpg
    20200106_193709.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 85
  • 20200106_194217.jpg
    20200106_194217.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 83
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals