DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any way to RTH land without confirming landing?

kmaluo

Reactions
I'm trying to RTH land without having to swipe my approval for the last foot or so. I even tried setting the critical battery setting to 45 and it ticked down to 40 before I gave up. Any way to achieve this? If I don't confirm the final landing, will the motors just stop mid air when the battery finally dies?

Have you tried holding left stick down? That is assuming you are flying in Mode 1 Configuration for the stick inputs.

Have you tried holding left stick down? That is assuming you are flying in Mode 1 Configuration for the stick inputs.
Yeah, I'm trying to get get it to land without a stick input or on screen confirmation. Even when it goes past critical battery level, it won't land without one of the two.

The manual is your friend....
From page 52 of the manual:
7. To land, hover over a level surface and gently pull down on the left stick to descend.
8. After landing, execute the CSC command or hold the left stick at its lowest position until the motors stop.

Reactions: DBSAM
The manual is your friend....
From page 52 of the manual:
7. To land, hover over a level surface and gently pull down on the left stick to descend.
8. After landing, execute the CSC command or hold the left stick at its lowest position until the motors stop.
I have, please read my previous post. Thank you.

I think that is a safety feature, you wouldn't want it to land without first having the landing spot cleared visually by the pilot, or you could end up with either a damaged or wet quad.

Reactions: kykayak
I also believe that pushing Auto Landing changes the DVS from obstacle avoidance to Landing Protection mode, allowing the bird to land gently if the DVS determines that the landing area is suitable for landing.

I say you run it to empty at a very low height while hovering and do so over a piece of carpet or something to determine if it drops out of the sky or forces itself into a slow landing. I am curious about this now.

Oh video would be coolio as well.

I say you run it to empty at a very low height while hovering and do so over a piece of carpet or something to determine if it drops out of the sky or forces itself into a slow landing. I am curious about this now.

Oh video would be coolio as well.
Ha ha. If it wasn't for the gimbal, I totally would. Seems like the rest of the Mavic would be fine dropping a few feet out of the sky.

I'm at a loss now. Sometimes it will land on it's own, sometimes I have to confirm it. I can't figure out the rhyme or reason.

I'm at a loss now. Sometimes it will land on it's own, sometimes I have to confirm it. I can't figure out the rhyme or reason.
could it be dependant upon what it 'see' (or not) immediately below it when landing?
In other words if it 'thinks' it's a nice clear flat landing spot it lands but if the cameras see some uneven ground or what it perceives to be hazards it asks for confirmation?

Here is a text from the manual :
a. When Landing Protection determines that the ground is suitable for landing, the Mavic Pro will land gently.

b. If Landing Protection determines that the ground is not suitable for landing, the Mavic Pro will hoverand wait for pilot confirmation.

c. If Landing Protection is not operational, the DJI GO app will display a landing prompt when theMavic Pro descends below 0.5 meters. Pull down on the throttle or use the auto landing slider toland.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: kmaluo and Jsun
I have Smart RTH enabled, and on the same exact spot, it will land sometimes without confirmation, and sometimes not.

Last edited:
I have Smart RTH enabled, and on the same exact spot, it will land sometimes without confirmation, and sometimes not.
I agree with Editor, something must be flawed with the Landing Protection mode. Hopefully DJI is aware of this and working on a fix.

I have not seen the additional swipe to land prompt on my flights, every time I initiated the RTH and it landed smoothly and powered off the motors. On all occasions I took off and landed on tarmac. Its clear yours believe the area to be unsuitable, I'll do more testing and will post if I run in to the same.

They clearly have tried too hard to idiot proof this thing.
I just want to land manually like I do with my Inspires and every other bloody multi and helicopter I have ever owned!!!!:mad:

Fine, have the Nappy, hold hand mode for those that want it but at least give the option to turn this crap off.
I want smooth, linear throttle response to bring my aircraft in like I am landing on eggshells. I guarantee I can land softer manually than any flight controllers algorithm.

Reactions: kmaluo and msinger
I have tried several times today to precisely land from where I took off, on one of these orange and blue landing pads being sold all over. I tried both sides! Each time it looks like it's going to land perfectly, then at around 10 feet it stops and I get a message stating that the ground is not suitable for landing. I just don't get it, I take off to over 30m in height, fly around a bit, initiate the return to home command, and at 10 get or so, each time, I get that message that the ground is not suitable to land. Then I pull down on the left stick and it lands right on the mark. Any ideas why it won't land on its own??

Thank you!!

I have developed a theory. The difference in the landing/launching sequence for the mavic vs. Other DJI drones was very much on purpose.

Although they can't say it for liability reasons, the Mavic was specifically built for hand launching and landing. That is what the sliders are for. Makes it real nice and easy, and I nearly always do it this way now.

To me it makes sense, as it certainly isn't made to take off or land from any surface that is less than ideal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000