DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Any way to use automatic take off without confirming landing?

PatrickG

Reactions
I have an ipad mini attached to the RC

using the automatic take off, the RC is asking for confirmation

it is difficult to handle in right hand the drone
in left hand the RC

difficult to access the slider on ipad screed to confirm take off

is there a way to avoid to have to slide cursor on the confirmation message when taking off by hand ?

I use my nose... works a treat! But why automatic take off, just sticks in and down to start - take off and hover, the only time I'll use auto take off is if I'm on long grass or un-even ground.

I'm serious, how is that inappropriate? It works well, try it. Hold Mavic in right hand for hand launch, select auto take off on remote, at the prompt - use your nose to slide the slider. Mavic is airbourne... job done.

Reactions: SeaComms
Actually you don't need to touch your RC if you are doing auto take off right? After takeoff, it will hover. You have time to switch your hands to the RC.

You need to slide the confirmation bar at the prompt "slide to takeoff" after hitting the auto takeoff button. Many of the places I film are remote and no flat takeoff points, not to mention often knee deep in a river so have had to master hand takeoff and catching through necessity.

Funny, I was about to add that I use a neck strap for that exact reason. I am often on the beach and don't want to take off or land on the sand and can't be stuffed setting up the landing pad. Works really well. Though I have an iPad Air 2 and the strap connects above the iPad so the whole thing sits level when I let go.

Reactions: PatrickG
I know this may be inappropriate (wierdo)....but why even use the auto take off? The manual stick start is so much more efficient and easier and you don't have to take your hands off the sticks.

IMG_0096.JPG
are you using a phone or a tablet ?
Bit late but I use IPad I made a stand so that it sits up from the RC arms toward me just obscuring the RC screen but can just tilt it slightly to see what's happening there although majority of info is shown on the Ipad.
I really like the bigger screen and can live with the extra weight and fitting arrangement.

Reactions: PatrickG
is there a way to avoid to have to slide cursor on the confirmation message when taking off by hand ?

You could use another flying app that does not present you with a slider. Litchi perhaps.

upload_2017-5-19_15-44-54.png

On your tablet you would still have to be able to tap the Green Auto take off icon in the left column. This causes the above dialog to appear, then you single tap the Take Off box. Might still be a bit hard to reach the Take Off box on a larger screen with the same hand though.

Attachments

• upload_2017-5-19_15-43-53.png
    upload_2017-5-19_15-43-53.png
    359.5 KB · Views: 9
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000