DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody excited for Air 2S?

Reactions
We've had the Mavic Air 2, Mini 2, and DJI FPV all in a span of one year. The Mavic Air 2S is on the horizon and may even have an April release. When is the point where you'll have too many drones? Even the richest people I know upgrade phones once a year. I think that DJI drones are great but c'mon, does anyone really spend thousands of dollars collecting drones? Personally speaking, from someone who has the original Mavic Air and Mini 2, do you think that the Air 2S would ALSO be worth getting and should I keep my other drones if I do get this thing?

If you still fly the older drones then keep them but If you no longer fly them sell then.
After I got the M2P it didn’t take me long to realise the MP had not flown so I sold it, I bought it used & got all my money back :)

I'm looking forward to the new air 2s because I was about to buy air 2 and I've decided to wait. I'll leave in April!

A nice option over the existing Air 2 for anyone in serious need of an upgrade, but probably not for someone like myself with an existing Air 2. Having a nice range of capabilities already, I will also be waiting until I can get something with built in compliance for the ID laws.

Had I known the 2S was coming, I would’ve waited - I got my Air 2 when it was a winter blah-scape where I live, so it’s not like I would’ve missed many good filming opportunities, but it had t quite leaked yet. But I’m not at all disappointed with what I have.

Had I known the 2S was coming, I would’ve waited - I got my Air 2 when it was a winter blah-scape where I live, so it’s not like I would’ve missed many good filming opportunities, but it had t quite leaked yet. But I’m not at all disappointed with what I have.
sell the Air 2 and get the FPV drone. BEST drone on the planet! I love it. Then wait for either Air 2S or Mavic 3. Air 2S will have Ocusync 3 so it will work with the FPV drone v2 Goggles as well!

"Excited?" I get excited by my wonderful/beautiful wife and the "other" wonderful/beautiful woman inn our family. But a drone? No It's a tool. We were "pleased" when DJI came out with the Phantom Pro 4 Plus because this was the first drone that ticked all of our professional requirements - but not "excited".

We've had the Mavic Air 2, Mini 2, and DJI FPV all in a span of one year. The Mavic Air 2S is on the horizon and may even have an April release. When is the point where you'll have too many drones? Even the richest people I know upgrade phones once a year. I think that DJI drones are great but c'mon, does anyone really spend thousands of dollars collecting drones? Personally speaking, from someone who has the original Mavic Air and Mini 2, do you think that the Air 2S would ALSO be worth getting and should I keep my other drones if I do get this thing?
I just purchased the Air2 with Smart Controller package. I’m wondering if I should have waited for the Air2S???

sell the Air 2 and get the FPV drone. BEST drone on the planet! I love it. Then wait for either Air 2S or Mavic 3. Air 2S will have Ocusync 3 so it will work with the FPV drone v2 Goggles as well!

For what it is, the FPV seems great and well liked. For myself, portability/fold down size is more important than maneuverability and goggle compatibility, so I think the Air 2 is the one for me, but not because there’s anything inherently wrong with the FPV.

I suspect, if I feel the need for another drone in the future, it’ll be the top of the line Mavic (or whatever it’s called at that time, atop the consumer level offerings), after Remote ID is built in, and hopefully with better active track, and who knows what else!

"Excited?" I get excited by my wonderful/beautiful wife and the "other" wonderful/beautiful woman inn our family. But a drone? No It's a tool. We were "pleased" when DJI came out with the Phantom Pro 4 Plus because this was the first drone that ticked all of our professional requirements - but not "excited".
I will happily admit to kissing a drone on one occasion - our P4P+. It was during an assignment in the USA and we'd been in one location for three days. We succeeded in getting great footage and great stills. I knew this before seeing it and "excitedly" kissed the drone on landing. :)

To be crystal, it's not the drone but what you do with it.

Well the MA2s has some nice features, but considering I just bought the MA2 FlyMore and it does all I need it to do...
I'm not going to sell it (at a loss) and run and buy the MA2s. The little extras it adds aren't going to make a diff for me.
20MP camera isn't going to show the pics I take any better (especially after they get dumbed down for media posting) and having sensors on top... well I don't do hell bent sport more much so not much use to me.
No, I'm gonna keep my MA2 (also have an MA1). I'll wait for the next BIG leap to throw my money at DJI. ;-)

Yes. ??
Well the MA2s has some nice features, but considering I just bought the MA2 FlyMore and it does all I need it to do...
I'm not going to sell it (at a loss) and run and buy the MA2s. The little extras it adds aren't going to make a diff for me.
20MP camera isn't going to show the pics I take any better (especially after they get dumbed down for media posting) and having sensors on top... well I don't do hell bent sport more much so not much use to me.
No, I'm gonna keep my MA2 (also have an MA1). I'll wait for the next BIG leap to throw my money at DJI. ;-)
Yes. ??

Reactions: joeywestside
True. I remember being excited with my 3 ex-wives. ??‍♂️ I don’t want another wife but I wouldn’t mind the new air2 when it arrives lol. Godspeed

I will happily admit to kissing a drone on one occasion - our P4P+. It was during an assignment in the USA and we'd been in one location for three days. We succeeded in getting great footage and great stills. I knew this before seeing it and "excitedly" kissed the drone on landing. :)

To be crystal, it's not the drone but what you do with it.
Wear a mask when kissing the drone. Just sayin’. Godspeed

Reactions: Dur8an Poison
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bertmag