DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anybody get this message from DJI

daasmangi

Reactions
Sounds like you got that as a result of posting to DJI's photo hosting site Skypixel. Those that have not signed up or uploaded photos / video wont get that message. <Speculation

Reactions: Thomas B
Sounds like you got that as a result of posting to DJI's photo hosting site Skypixel. Those that have not signed up or uploaded photos / video wont get that message. QUOTE]

I hope so... it’s not good for anyone to use your photos

That really sucks... thanks anyway

You should be able to go the submission edit on what you've posted, and change it.
Then in future I imagine you should be able to set a stronger license type when submitting.
Go log in, check you vids / edit settings and see how you go.

To be honest I don't think many skypixel posters would be bothered using other people stuff in any way, I can't imagine many ways it could be used.
Eg. why bother using someone else material ?

Reactions: daasmangi
To be honest I don't think many skypixel posters would be bothered using other people stuff in any way, I can't imagine many ways it could be used.
"Using someone else's material" is what every company out here does to get images to illustrate things?

Reactions: daasmangi
"Using someone else's material" is what every company out here does to get images to illustrate things?

It's BY-NC, read the license... People are allowed to use your content as long as you are credited and it's for non-commercial purposes.

Let's be honest, our drone shots aren't going to win the next NG photo contest, so we may as well let other people use them as phone wallpapers and the like (it's not like they couldn't otherwise, since fair use exists). Open licenses are a good thing.

That really sucks...
Why?
You have a choice:
i-v9cFdbp-M.jpg

All they can get are thumbnail-sized pix anyway.
Let's be honest, our drone shots aren't going to win the next NG photo contest, so we may as well let other people use them
Speak for yourself

It's BY-NC, read the license...
I have and I know. His question sounded general, not limited to this context.

But regardless of this the usage terms of skypixel (that "skypixel license") allow DJI to do anything they want with your content including selling it to third parties to use, which is why I'd never touch that site with a 10 foot pole.

You should be able to go the submission edit on what you've posted, and change it.
Then in future I imagine you should be able to set a stronger license type when submitting.
Go log in, check you vids / edit settings and see how you go.

Don’t underestimate the Chinese

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada