DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone already tried the GS Pro 1.6 release?

BigBoozer

Reactions
I was chatting with a DJI service rep about a problem with programming long missions in GroundStation (GS) Pro and he recommended me to uninstall the previous version and to load the 1.6 release, which I did.

Anyone did it a try, yet?

Reactions: PerfectStorm
Yup...

This was my first mission, made a second one but for some reason GSP will not fly he new mission, have to figure out why not...

Thanks, Mari, how long is the second mission?
I cannot start one with WayPoints if it's longer than 2 kilometers.
See below...

DJI Customer Service recommended to upload the new version, but it's the same story...

20170829_GSPro error.jpg

Second mission was 1100mtrs. Was planning to do some flying later today, will give it a try by creating a mission that is longer then 2km. Will let you know if it worked or not.

Created a mission with a distance over 2800mtrs, was able to fly it without any problems.

2017-09-02 10.49.34.png

Thanks Mari, interesting. Even if my last refused WayPoint flight (that of the picture) was a short one, just over 900 meters. I'll try tomorrow again, after having checked the following: the error might have something to do with the Maximum Flight Distance parameter that one can set up to 8,000 meter in GO4 (not in GSPro). Not sure where I did set that figure, have to check.

Thanks, Mari, how long is the second mission?
I cannot start one with WayPoints if it's longer than 2 kilometers.
See below...

DJI Customer Service recommended to upload the new version, but it's the same story...

View attachment 21008

I believe that message means you are exceeding the maximum permitted flight distance between the RC position and a point on the programmed flight track

GSP overrules the limits you have set in DJI Go 4 app... I previously had a max. height of 120mtr, max. distance of 300mtr, after using GSP max. height was on 500mtr and max. distance on 8000mtr.

@BigBoozer can you post screenshot of your mission?

I believe that message means you are exceeding the maximum permitted flight distance between the RC position and a point on the programmed flight track

Not in this case: the last WayPoint flight that the system refused was of a total length just over 900 meters...

GSP overrules the limits you have set in DJI Go 4 app... I previously had a max. height of 120mtr, max. distance of 300mtr, after using GSP max. height was on 500mtr and max. distance on 8000mtr.

Sure, let me find it and I'll post it, tks

Go into the DJI Go 4 app controller settings and enable Max Distance.

Go into the DJI Go 4 app controller settings and enable Max Distance.
Not needed because GSP overrules max. distance/height settings of DJI Go 4 app. After use of GSP you have to re-set these setting in DJI Go 4 app ;)

Here it is: a mission like this was refused with the above message. A sligtly smaller circle over the village was flown regularly. The whole flight is 924 meters long, way below a theoretical 2 km limit.

Mission Impossible with GS Pro.jpg

Any suggestion? Tomorrow I'll try something else, I moved to town in the meantime, I must find a suitable quiet place to experiment.

Wow, I haven't used GSP for a couple of months, lots of changes to the latest version. I love how easy it can make most photo shots if to Google Sat imagery is up to date.

I tried today, back to town, a WayPoint mission of 217 meters (the inner rectangle of a small soccer field in the park) and GSPro did not fly it. No error message, the drone just hovers. It must have something to do with a very low level of NFZ: when I switched to Go4Pro it asked me to confirm that I was authorized to fly in a D Class NFZ (the park partially enters a green area of naturalistic protection... a total nonsense).

My mission is also in a Class-D zone...

What I did last mission:

- Switch on Remote
- Start DJI Go 4 App
- Switch on Mavic
- Wait for GPS...
- Take-Off MP... I get the Class-D warning, have to tick 2 options and confirm...
- Start GSPro
- Load/Edit Mission, select Fly Mission...
- Then you get some options, one of them is to switch off sensors (if I'm correct), the other one is to unlock NFZ. I only unlock NFZ
- Start Mission...

MP flies to startpoint and Mission is started... (all the time DJI Go 4 app is in the background active).

My mission is also in a Class-D zone...

What I did last mission:

- Switch on Remote
- Start DJI Go 4 App
- Switch on Mavic
- Wait for GPS...
- Take-Off MP... I get the Class-D warning, have to tick 2 options and confirm...
- Start GSPro
- Load/Edit Mission, select Fly Mission...
- Then you get some options, one of them is to switch off sensors (if I'm correct), the other one is to unlock NFZ. I only unlock NFZ
- Start Mission...

MP flies to startpoint and Mission is started... (all the time DJI Go 4 app is in the background active).

Thanks a lot, first of all.
I did the same today but when I got to the point of unlocking the NFZ I had no Internet connection from my IPad Mini 4 (it's only wi-fi, no cell) and I could not have access to the DJI unlocking process. Did not want to open an hotspot from my smartphone, I was too pissed with this unlocking procedure. What the heck, that area is a town park, come on... no airports or prisons or The White House in a radius of km and km... why can't we fly a Mavic? It's discouraging.

It' confusing how Go 4 and GSP interact: GSP overrules the settings of Go 4 in terms of max height and max distance, but if you get an OK to fly in a NFZ through Go 4 then it's valid also for GSP... I start agreeing with those who object DJI being the Drone's Police of The World!
The Class D NFZ are a true joke! Anyway, will try the whole procedure with an Internet connection and see what happens.

... I believe that for a class-D zone there is not a real "unlock" needed, just confirming that you know it is a class-D and you take responsibility to fly there...

I also fly with an iPad 4 Mini (wi-fi only)... not sure if I used a hotspot or not... give it a try... will do the same next time flying...

... I believe that for a class-D zone there is not a real "unlock" needed, just confirming that you know it is a class-D and you take responsibility to fly there...

I also fly with an iPad 4 Mini (wi-fi only)... not sure if I used a hotspot or not... give it a try... will do the same next time flying...

Thanks. What I saw when it was time to unlock the NFZ area was a sort of web page, so I wonder how can I access that if I do not have an Internet connection. But it might be as well a template built into the GSPro app... Will try in a couple of days.

... I believe that for a class-D zone there is not a real "unlock" needed, just confirming that you know it is a class-D and you take responsibility to fly there....

Tried yesterday a very short, programmed WayPoint flight using GSPro in the Class-D NFZ near my house. Just before starting the mission, it says that you need to unlock the NFZ. You can do it using a Credit Card number (...are they kidding?) or with an SMS. This is clearly done through an Internet connection, it's not from a template page of the GSPro software as I suspected in my previous posts.
I give my phone number. By the time that the SMS arrives, the validity of the Code transmitted via SMS (5 minutes) has expired. For whatever reason. I give up and start using the WayPoints option of Go 4, setting the points through the drone, i.e. just flying once where I want to go again automatically, setting the coordinates and height of each point one by one. All works OK. No NFZ warnings.

Morale: GSPro is not practically suitable for flying in any NFZ, even in the lowest risk ones. It might do it, but it's a waste of time. My opinion, of course.

Will try Litchi.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929