DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone currently on Kauai (or elsewhere in HI)? Need help completing a project - lost bird

DUAS

Reactions
I know this is a long shot, but I'm hoping there might be a resident or visitor on island for the next 2-3 days that can help me out.

I had an emergency landing on a ridge-top I haven't been able to get to on foot yet, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed I might be able to rent a drone from someone for the next few days. Purchase options are non-existent on island and everywhere is closed tomorrow for Easter on the other islands.

I'm experienced with the Mavic, Phantom, and Inspire series drones, am Part 107 certified, and am happy to provide credentials offline. Mavic 2 series would be ideal, but that's primarily to help match what I've already shot - the main consideration is finding something with decent flight range.

Please PM me if you can help, even if it's just for ideas.

Thank you.

P.S. mods/admins, please move this to the appropriate forum if this isn't the best/appropriate place, thank you.

Last edited:
So you main consideration is getting footage and not recovering your downed "bird" ? Just trying to understand priorities here and am not in the Hawaiian Islands currently. I wish!

Hi,

Best case scenario, I recover the AC, the memory card, and prevent the battery from leaking out - but it's in a pretty tough spot. I spent over 5 hours trying to get to it the next day (mostly bushwhacking), got within 200', but ran out of time. It's up a steep ridge with thick jungle and no trail at the higher elevations. Unless I can find a better pig/hunting trail, recovery will unfortunately have to wait.

So I'm just trying to make the best of my situation. A day or two earlier and I could've expedited something from the mainland - the timing with the weekend and Easter pretty much ruled that out though (as far as I've been able to tell at least).

To Mr. D (and friends), many many thanks once again for all the help and aloha you extended us. Perfect timing and a dream come true!

If you ever happen upon this post, please send me a PM!

Reactions: ff22
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gfusato