DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone dealt with this company?

PeteTheJack

Reactions
I came across this retailer? It does say "DJI Mini 2 RTF Kit - Fly More Combo - Grey" Is the grey bit about the colour or is it a grey import?

You know what is said about something being "too good to be true". Is this one to avoid?

@PeteTheJack never heard of them myself ,to me its a play on" Tesco ",myself i would not buy from them, if it sounds to good to be true it probably is

I have used them. Bought a couple,of phones from them with no issues. Went to buy a MacBook and found out it was a US import albeit it would have shipped from UAE / Dubai …

check what they are sending you before committing - they were very responsive to any questions I asked .

no reason not to use the, unless you find one ..if that makes sense?

you've also got a nice place to fly at the worms head where I used to go hang gliding years ago
I take my dog up onto Rhossili Down. Not the steep side though! The more leisurely approach from the east. Not flown from there yet though, as a nutcase German Shepherd and a drome are incompatible.

Tecobuy (the similarity to Tescos is purely coincidental as they're not a UK company) is a grey import retailer similar to eglobalcentral and Tobydeals offering non-UK stock which depending on the company may not have any UK warranty and with a very mixed reputation on customer service. Some people report no problems after making numerous purchases and others have had major problems especially when there's been an issue with delivery or a fault with the item.

I don't think the risk is worth it with these companies for expensive equipment like a drone or similar.

Tecobuy (the similarity to Tescos is purely coincidental as they're not a UK company) is a grey import retailer similar to eglobalcentral and Tobydeals offering non-UK stock which depending on the company may not have any UK warranty and with a very mixed reputation on customer service. Some people report no problems after making numerous purchases and others have had major problems especially when there's been an issue with delivery or a fault with the item.

I don't think the risk is worth it with these companies for expensive equipment like a drone or similar.
Works same here is US. I see a fair amount of "gray / grey" market stuff esp in camera gear. While a nice / better price typically - as stated - when something goes wrong and you need warranty / etc. - there is usually none. Some people see that as acceptable risk - I personally don't when the price difference is not that huge.

You can read some Techobuy Reviews here

I came across this retailer? It does say "DJI Mini 2 RTF Kit - Fly More Combo - Grey" Is the grey bit about the colour or is it a grey import?

You know what is said about something being "too good to be true". Is this one to avoid?

It says it's selling the mavic 2 mini combo for 452 pounds? That's like $650 usa. DJI is selling the Mini2 combo for $599.00 usa. "Grey" refers to color. It's spelled both ways (gray or grey) in the U.S. . Anyway, It doesn't sound like a good deal at all. If anything , they are charging too much. Not too good to be true to me. I wouldn't buy from them at that price especially, not knowing their reputation. But you can find that out by doing an internet search. If you find nothing or something negative or fishy, stay away. Just buy from a company you know to be reputable.

Reactions: Drones.n.Pixels
It says it's selling the mavic 2 mini combo for 452 pounds? That's like $650 usa. DJI is selling the Mini2 combo for $599.00 usa. "Grey" refers to color. It's spelled both ways (gray or grey) in the U.S. . Anyway, It doesn't sound like a good deal at all. If anything , they are charging too much. Not too good to be true to me. I wouldn't buy from them at that price especially, not knowing their reputation. But you can find that out by doing an internet search. If you find nothing or something negative or fishy, stay away. Just buy from a company you know to be reputable.
When comparing US to UK prices you need to add 20% tax (known as VAT, Value Added Tax), it's not normally shown in US prices from what I've seen but it has to be included in UK prices. To buy the Mini 2 Fly more kit here it's £550 so the tecobuy price is almost 20% off which is a good saving although likely comes from the fact they've not paid the 20% VAT or import duty.

Reactions: Drones.n.Pixels
HI, I've checked and I don't think there even Based in the UK (HK I think) so I would strongly advise you not to buy from them, apart from anything you will likely be liable for import duty and or VAT. I'm also in the UK and bought my mini 2 flymore drone second hand on ebay for £451. Its immaculate....

Reactions: PeteTheJack
HI, I've checked and I don't think there even Based in the UK (HK I think) so I would strongly advise you not to buy from them, apart from anything you will likely be liable for import duty and or VAT. I'm also in the UK and bought my mini 2 flymore drone second hand on ebay for £451. Its immaculate....
I bought one locally and was able to flight test it. Four months old, two batteries only charged a few times, and one never been charged £400.00.

It had a few smudges on it, but a damp cloth and a little washing up liquid restored drone and remote to pristine condition.

1620848889043.png

First of all “grey” import does not mean illegal. It means that it is brought into the country not via the official distributor, but company that gets their goods elswhere, most likely at prices better than official distributor. In this case grey will mean color, but if you want to be on the safe side, ask the question.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada