DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone edit their Mavic Pro footage with iMovie?

Flyhigh1

Reactions
Looking for color/ style setting that work well with Apple's limited color correcting? Not looking for super sharp/ saturated footage. Thats why I got rid of the Spark. All suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.

Looking for color/ style setting that work well with Apple's limited color correcting? Not looking for super sharp/ saturated footage. Thats why I got rid of the Spark. All suggestions welcome. Thanks in advance.
iMovie’s auto correction is very good. You can always tweak it if you want but it’s a good way to get a good start.

I actually don’t think D-Log on the Mavic Pro is very good at all. D-Cinelike is much better
Interesting... I've been using D-log. Maybe I should experiment with D-Cinelike on my next flight!

I use Final Cut Pro X all the time. It has excellent color correction capabilities. This functionality is also in iMovie. The best drone settings for any color correction start by using the cinema d or cinelike settings, not d-log.

Reactions: brett8883
Yes, lots of excellent tutorials on YouTube regarding colouring, saturation etc. They also reveal some hidden features you will not know about. iMovie is very capable of you know it inside out and don’t mind a . Move file. Which of course can be easily converted to MP4.

Yes, lots of excellent tutorials on YouTube regarding colouring, saturation etc. They also reveal some hidden features you will not know about. iMovie is very capable of you know it inside out and don’t mind a . Move file. Which of course can be easily converted to MP4.
Thanks for your reply, I'm pretty well versed with iMovie. Been using it for about 10 years. My question is more pertaining to the color profile and style setting on the Mavic Pro. For example on iMovie you can only adjust contrast, brightness, saturation, and white balance. So if i use a MP setting that lets say doesn't have enough or to much sharpness I can adjust that after the fact.

I wanted to share. I started using DaVinci Resolve 16. It is free and blows away Adobe Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro and iMovie. There are some great crash courses on YouTube. It is basically a bunch of tools combined into one and well thought out. And I no longer crash my machine when editing. If you are a beginner with a little YouTubing you will be able to effectively use for editing. I shoot in d-log and the color correction/grading tools are awesome. Also, if you decide to shoot in d-log you can get a d-log to rec.709 LUT from GroundControlColor.com for free that makes processing your d-log very easy.

I wanted to share. I started using DaVinci Resolve 16. It is free and blows away Adobe Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro and iMovie. There are some great crash courses on YouTube. It is basically a bunch of tools combined into one and well thought out. And I no longer crash my machine when editing. If you are a beginner with a little YouTubing you will be able to effectively use for editing. I shoot in d-log and the color correction/grading tools are awesome. Also, if you decide to shoot in d-log you can get a d-log to rec.709 LUT from GroundControlColor.com for free that makes processing your d-log very easy.
Quick not you need to shoot your style if using this LUT in -1,-3,-3

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corbo2000