DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else have challenges with GPC custom cases? (the company not the cases)

TonyPHX

Chuck Norris's drones don't crash.
Premium Pilot
Reactions
I have always used their cases and have made it a point to always get a GPC case for all of my drones. Their designs for storage just speak to me better than some of the others out there. I have been pretty happy with the product and never really had to deal with the company because all of my orders have come through normally as expected, until this last one.

I ordered a case, and eventually got the "your order was delivered" email. At the same time I got an email from Fedex that said much the same, but had a picture of the delivery and was obviously not my house. My 6'7 son would not fit on the kids toy car that was in the pic so I know it was not my house. : )

I immediately replied to GPC by email as their emails have a link to report issues. Next day, no answer. I call them, and give all the info and the person I was speaking to told me it was a Fedex problem not a GPC problem (which I get, but would be nice if the seller would take some ownership to get it to me.). He then advised he will call FedEx and call me back. That never happened.

So I call Fedex which does their very best to keep you from talking with a human. I finally got a living breathing human who unfortunately spoke very poor english. He ultimately said it will be researched. Still waiting, and still no case from GPC. Beginning to think it is time to call Visa and dispute the charge to my card for the purchase. I think as each day goes by I wonder if these companies even want customers or not. It is getting bad out there.

absolutely dispute the charge and order again. things happen. If you dispute the charges you're covered and since this really is (hopefully) a one off thing you can order again. I agree on the quality of the cases.

GPC has always been very responsive via email. Really this IS a FedEx issue. Definitely dispute the charge and order again. Or maybe head to your local FedEx depot. Good luck.

Your issue is NOT with GPC but with FedEx. FedEx is the carrier who delivered it to the wrong address and they are the ones that are responsible to make it right. The best GPC can do is file a "lost delivery" claim with FedEx.

GPC has always been very responsive via email. Really this IS a FedEx issue. Definitely dispute the charge and order again. Or maybe head to your local FedEx depot. Good luck.
I agree. It is however the first time they have been completely unresponsive via email. I'm wondering what is going on.

Your issue is NOT with GPC but with FedEx. FedEx is the carrier who delivered it to the wrong address and they are the ones that are responsible to make it right. The best GPC can do is file a "lost delivery" claim with FedEx.
Well, I think you are right, but at this point given the total lack of response by GPC I am not sure I want to even order again.

GPC is a good product and I have several. There are a few others that are as good and better. Look at the MCcases brand.

Reactions: Smooth Rhythm
I have always used their cases and have made it a point to always get a GPC case for all of my drones. Their designs for storage just speak to me better than some of the others out there. I have been pretty happy with the product and never really had to deal with the company because all of my orders have come through normally as expected, until this last one.

I ordered a case, and eventually got the "your order was delivered" email. At the same time I got an email from Fedex that said much the same, but had a picture of the delivery and was obviously not my house. My 6'7 son would not fit on the kids toy car that was in the pic so I know it was not my house. : )

I immediately replied to GPC by email as their emails have a link to report issues. Next day, no answer. I call them, and give all the info and the person I was speaking to told me it was a Fedex problem not a GPC problem (which I get, but would be nice if the seller would take some ownership to get it to me.). He then advised he will call FedEx and call me back. That never happened.

So I call Fedex which does their very best to keep you from talking with a human. I finally got a living breathing human who unfortunately spoke very poor english. He ultimately said it will be researched. Still waiting, and still no case from GPC. Beginning to think it is time to call Visa and dispute the charge to my card for the purchase. I think as each day goes by I wonder if these companies even want customers or not. It is getting bad out there.
This is a FedEx issue, not a GPC issue. It's unreasonable to expect them to cover the errors of a shipper. No company should. Rick runs his company nicely, but that's asking for too much.

This is 100% on FedEx unless GPC put the wrong address on the shipping label.

Reactions: KLRSKIR
Well sorry folks. Now that I have gotten the details from FedEx, it is 100% a GPC issue. Yes, FedEx screwed things up by delivering somewhere else not to me. However I am the recipient and cannot file the claim. The shipper must do it, so I am not dependent again upon GPC actually initiating that and responding to me.

I appreciate the thoughts above, but FedEx would require me to have a signed release from GPC before allowing me to create a claim on my behalf.

GPC did indeed put down the correct address, as they always have. I have an account with GPC. And they have NEVER misshipped to me. FedEx screwed up, but I am a nobody with FedEx since the shipper is the wronged party from the FedEx mistake.

Reactions: jephoto
This is a FedEx issue, not a GPC issue. It's unreasonable to expect them to cover the errors of a shipper. No company should. Rick runs his company nicely, but that's asking for too much.

This is 100% on FedEx unless GPC put the wrong address on the shipping label.
I don't know Rick, but could you get Rick to respond to me or call FedEx? : )

Reactions: Torque
I don't know Rick, but could you get Rick to respond to me or call FedEx? : )
His customer service department would be the ones to talk to.

Also, why did FedEx tell you that you can't file a claim? That's weird. As long as you have the tracking number, you should be able to file a claim. You're both affected parties.

Reactions: Torque
Yeah. Their customer service has not responded, as I indicated at start of post. The one phone call where I reached them, they promised a call back that did not happen.

Here is the FedEx response regarding how claims actually work:

3. If you are not the shipper we will need a shipper waiver authorization letter on the shipper's company letterhead waiving their right to file a claim on this shipment with the applicable tracking number.

It's a lot of fun once you actually try to start a claim with FedEx. It really is the shipper who is the wronged party because of the mistake in their mind. I could in theory get this "release" letter from GPC, but what I would really prefer would be the case I ordered.

If you go to the local Fedex delivery branch. Take your photo and shipping info. Ask for a supervisor, not the receptionist. Show him your photo and docs showing when it was delivered. Their vehicles are tracked via GPS, so the Super can check and see where the truck actually was when it was delivered. The supervisor can then arrange to correct the mistake, or you can go to that address and ask for your case. If you get the correct address and go there, just don't get into an aggressive situation with the 3rd party. You want your case but don't need legal issues.

Reactions: Vic Moss
If you go to the local Fedex delivery branch. Take your photo and shipping info. Ask for a supervisor, not the receptionist. Show him your photo and docs showing when it was delivered. Their vehicles are tracked via GPS, so the Super can check and see where the truck actually was when it was delivered. The supervisor can then arrange to correct the mistake, or you can go to that address and ask for your case. If you get the correct address and go there, just don't get into an aggressive situation with the 3rd party. You want your case but don't need legal issues.
I like your idea, but it assumes a lot of work dumped on me. : ) I have already invested too much, but do think that I will eventually get my case or a refund. I have already been in contact with FedEx, which is why I got educated on the actual policy for claims. At this point, just want the case or a refund. I won't be able to take more time off of work to go down to a FedEx location.

Reactions: Vic Moss
I like your idea, but it assumes a lot of work dumped on me. : ) I have already invested too much, but do think that I will eventually get my case or a refund. I have already been in contact with FedEx, which is why I got educated on the actual policy for claims. At this point, just want the case or a refund. I won't be able to take more time off of work to go down to a FedEx location.
Understood. Just offering a way I have seen work in the past.

Reactions: TonyPHX
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada