DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else have the fly app crash out sporadically? (Air 2- Samsung Galaxy 9)

VenomXts

Premium Pilot
Reactions
So I have noticed this probably 3 or 4 times out of maybe 40 flights in the last few weeks. I will be flying, doing a quick shot or a long sit still and capture something with hyper-lapse and the app will crash out on my phone (just disappear). I will restart the app it will regain control of the drone (It just stops by design). I don't fly in airplane mode but I am not getting something happening on the phone either when it crashes.

Other than annoying and possibly dangerous it usually presents two problems directly: Recently it ruined a 25 minute hyperlapse and two it seems to make it where i cant get back into any functions other than the picture take mode so have to land it restart the drone and continue.

Anyone else see this with their device? I am thinking about getting a new phone as the s9 is older and the screen is a tad cracked anyways...

I have also seen this maybe 2-3times out of 30 flights. Not good but not fatal so far. I run a Note 8 and do not use Airplane mode.

Just seems that the App may be buggy.

I have also seen this maybe 2-3times out of 30 flights. Not good but not fatal so far. I run a Note 8 and do not use Airplane mode.

Just seems that the App may be buggy.

Yah, my thoughts as well on buggy and concerning but not stopping me from flying. My biggest thing is I have to end the flight to do any of the other types of special capture other than pictures (maybe video works too).

Reactions: copterbob
Yah, my thoughts as well on buggy and concerning but not stopping me from flying. My biggest thing is I have to end the flight to do any of the other types of special capture other than pictures (maybe video works too).
I mainly shoot video so it does not matter much and If I remember correctly, the record function did not stop last time.

Still running 1.1.2 on my Pixel 4XL. The newest 1.1.4 has yet to appear in my downloads.
Like others, random but not frequent app crashes. Also have noticed my phone cache is empty and it cannot connect/pull any cache files from the bird using DJI Fly. Meanwhile, the settings are set for saving cache and automatic and specified size limits. Not sure what's going on....

I updated last night but did not get the chance to fly today, and now the storms are moving in, rain until Sunday morning. Ugghh.

Has anyone managed a few flights with the new app? I put flying on hold with Android after reading about the crashing. Hopefully this includes that bug fix. I have iOS also, been using that for now.

Reactions: copterbob
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929