DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else missing the Mavic 2 controller?

Eagle430

Reactions
I recently sold my Mavic 2 pro and bought a Mavic 3.

I feel there are a lot of things missing from the Mavic 3 controller and fly app. The Mavic 2 controller had a lot more buttons that can be customised, for example for me having a button as a shortcut for exposure compensation, another one that I could level the camera, and also being able to see the actual battery remaining of the controller rather than relying on some green lights were far better than the toy-like Mavic 3 controller.
I wanted to ask if anybody managed to link a Mavic 2 controller with a Mavic 3 drone?

I recently sold my Mavic 2 pro and bought a Mavic 3.

I feel there are a lot of things missing from the Mavic 3 controller and fly app. The Mavic 2 controller had a lot more buttons that can be customised, for example for me having a button as a shortcut for exposure compensation, another one that I could level the camera, and also being able to see the actual battery remaining of the controller rather than relying on some green lights were far better than the toy-like Mavic 3 controller.
I wanted to ask if anybody managed to link a Mavic 2 controller with a Mavic 3 drone?
Can't be done.
Your only upgrade options are to the new DJI RC or to the RC Pro.
Both replicate the functionality of the M2 RC, with a built-in screen.
RC Pro is the preferred upgrade, if you can afford it. External mini-HDMI port, USB C port for Moverio glasses, 32GB internal memory, external antennas for 4x the power and double the range, 1000 nits, additional customizable buttons, including a 5 way joy stick button, ability to install other apps, including the new DJI Flight Simulator, as well as a connector inside a hidden compartment to support a SIM card for future cellular service.

DJI RC is the same as the standard controller interns of buttons ?

DJI RC is the same as the standard controller interns of buttons ?
No, DJI RC adds a second scroll wheel and a C1 and C2 button, all of which the which the RC-N1 lacks.

Compared to the Mavic 2 RC, though, DJI RC is still missing the 5 way button, which the RC Pro also has.

I think you could go further and missing a decent control App, lol
Indeed, GO 4 is sorely missed, and the DJI RC and RC Pro Fly app satellite maps are of very limited resolution, compared to iOS maps because of a different mapping company! Not a fan of Android, either!

Reactions: ssvdh66
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calezu