DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else received a Mavic 2 Pro looking like it might have been opened?

Garrick

Reactions
Hello all,

I've had a Mavic Pro for quite some time and finally took the jump to upgrade to the 2 Pro and smart controller and have received it today. Seller (official DJI reseller from what I can tell) obviously sold it as new or I wouldn't think these things were odd:

Thing is, it didn't come with an SD card at all. The SD card cover flap looks like it's been opened with a screwdriver or something (just a couple of little nicks) and some of the stickers are not in the places they look like they should be.

Anyone else received one in this kind of condition? I'm wondering if this is returned stock, or perhaps the DJI factory is just sloppy sometimes.

I've not switched it on yet to see if anything's REALLY wrong as I want care refresh and don't want to get in to problems over the 48 hour period etc.

Best regards,
Garrick.

Thanks for that. So it has 16GB of on-board memory then?

Wonder why the SD card flap is open and damaged, and oddness with the stickers etc.

Anyone else get any like this, and it turn out to be fine?

Yes. I confirm without SD and internal 8 or 16G board memory.

That's good to know then. One thing that I don't need to worry over.

Anyone received on in the kind of condition I described, with the damage to the SD card cover, and the stickers issues? There's also some tiny damage to the controller near the USB port - looks like a couple of little scratches.

I guess this could all be from slipshod testing at the factory, I'm just looking for guidance if anyone else has ever seen this.

Not here. Box seems sealed.

Anyone received on in the kind of condition I described, with the damage to the SD card cover, and the stickers issues? There's also some tiny damage to the controller near the USB port - looks like a couple of little scratches.
I cant say this is the same but when I got my second "new" replacement M2Pro recently someone had plugged a usb cable right through the plastic protective covering without removing it. This one had ver .0400 firmware on it where the others had ver .0100 firmware on them. It also had a couple of stickers missing. I have just assumed that the same clod that updated the firmware before shipping, also knocked off the stickers.

OT: And now I find on my third "new" M2Pro that if I tilt the gimbal up and start moving forward, the gimbal starts jerking down on its own. I guess I dont really need this function as I am sick and tired of sending my bird back just to get another "new" bird with a different problem! This is my first and definately last DJI purchase....

Last edited:
Garrick
Was this purchased from a well known DJI Seller? I'm returning my new M2P to Amazon as I have a defective Smart Controller. The RTH Button was improperly programmed. I've purchased 6 DJI Drones since 2016 (P3P, I1V2, P4, MP, P4PV2, and this M2P) all from Amazon Prime and prior to this M2P I've never had a problem! Amazon immediately set me up to receive a replacement this coming Wednesday, 08-21-19.
I'd also be concerned after your past experiences! Was there a possibilty that when you were walking carrying your M2P that you were causing the Gimbal to be trying to maintain the horizon that you had input? You stated that you never turned it on but you must have turned it on to raise the Gimbal all the way up otherwise the Gimbal was free floating which is normal! Honestly, I'd turn it on and then try the same thing. One thing that I noticed with my M2P was that I kept getting a notice that the SD Card that I was using was slow in writing. That happened over and over again until I put a new 64GB SanDisk Extreme Pro microSDXC UHS-I Card in it and never again a "slow writing" message! Be advised that Amazon has these SD Cards really marked down to $20 each! Good luck!

Thanks for the answers, all.

With my drone, I contacted DJI and they confirmed for me that it had never been registered, so I guess mine was new, but I'm still concerned - if the way I found it is acceptable to DJI quality control to leave the factory I guess I'll be lucky if it's ok but I don't see much option than to keep it and try.

I've gotten it activated and put the care refresh on it, so I guess we'll see.

For reference, DanMan32, it's a 2 Pro, not an Enterprise and does have 16"GB" built-in, so some 2 Pro's come with that for sure.

Irsn - I think some of your comments are directed at brettbrandon rather than myself, but thanks anyway - my M2Pro was purchased from DronesDirect and they seem to be a big company.

If it were me, and I bought it from a storefront, I'd be going back for a swap.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair