DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else surprised at time since last firmware update?

Thmoore

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Is this an unusually long time to go between app and firmware updates? I’ve been looking forward to trying out whatever new features DJI decides to throw our way...

Reactions: Dave Maine
It’s a sign that the software is stable and that all the bugs have been resolved. In other words,a good thing.
That’s a nice way to think about it. Thank you.

Seeing the reports of uncommanded descents I think the Mini is far from stable, once DJI resolve this they need to address the propellers hitting the body of the AC
Agreed. I think with both issues they maybe be trying trying to address both with a single fix. But I believe the reality is a firmware fix as well as a new or improved propeller design is the only option. But who knows? Prop design alone may push it past the 249g limit. Can you imagine how many they would need to replace.
Not to mention the possibility of mavic mini owners will blame prop failure for crashes and lost drones and would want full refunds or free replacements.

Reactions: TDZHDTV
Mavic Mini II?
Really!?!?!
They're really haven't address the issues with the original mavic mini, let alone keep mini's and accessories in stock. They didn't seem to be too concerned even before Covid-19 hit. That issue alone hinders production.

I'm hoping they're going to release both a big bug fix update as well as feature updates at the same time. Such as more flexibility in photo and video settings, a 360 pano quickshot and so on.

They've also said they're releasing the SDK in April so third parties can develop apps for it. As mentioned, one of the biggest bugs they need to address is the uncommanded descents. That bug needs to be squashed before they release the SDK.

My guess is the long pause between firmware updates is because they're doing a lot of things and they want to be more thorough with testing this time before releasing.

This is only a guess, mind you.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair