DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone else?

Kiana

Reactions
We bought a mav air for 1000 dollars. While tying to fly our drone it malfunctioned and we never gained control over it, while tying to take off, and it dove 50 feet down to the bottom of a lake. We have insurance, so we filed a claim. They said the evidence was “insufficient”. So instead of sending us a new drone, that we use for business and advertise for them mind you, they offer us 30% off our next purchase. We are getting ready to leave for Colombia and because their process takes so long and they won’t ship it to us in another country we had to cancel our flights- which we won’t get reimbursed for- along with our Airbnb’s- which we won’t get reimbursed for. Instead of offering anything to expedite the process or any solutions to the problems THEY are creating, their “support team” just offers apologies and nothing else. They can’t tell me how long it would take to get the new drone, how much the new drone would cost, if they can speed the process up at all- this team is a joke. For the amount of money these drones cost, a malfunction that they’re not willing to rectify is unacceptable, but then to turn around and offer such low grade “support” is a slap in the face to their consumers. This is now how business is conducted, McDonald’s has higher standards. Their support team wouldn’t offer any information as to where to file a complaint about the lack of service either- why would they? That would mean they could answer at least ONE question.

Also- we’ve been in contact with them about just getting a coupon- wait for it...... for OVER A WEEK. It’s taken them over a week to email a COUPON. This is apparently them expediting the process. The incompetence is reaching astronomical heights.

Last edited:
I have a lot of questions, but I'll only ask one for now, as none of this makes any real sense. Who is "them". You refer to "them" a lot.

Reactions: Kilrah
Also I don't know what flights and air bnb cost over there but over here it probably wouldn't have cost much more than buying a new Air/Pro at a retail store not to mention the lost business. Plus if you're doing this as a business it would be wise to have a backup. I don't know a single working photographer with one camera.

Also I don't know what flights and air bnb cost over there but over here it probably wouldn't have cost much more than buying a new Air/Pro at a retail store not to mention the lost business. Plus if you're doing this as a business it would be wise to have a backup. I don't know a single working photographer with one camera.
I was going to mention having backups. This whole story sounds like just that... a story. Nothing really adds up.

Plus I'm pretty sure McDonald's won't replace your hamburger if you drop it in a lake.
I’m pretty sure they’d give you a new burger if you dropped your burger on the floor. And that burger wouldn’t of been insured.

Yup, who is "they"? Sounds like you're talking of your insurer. Not sure what they have to do with most of it.

Reactions: Joebie
Yeah well that burger cost about .30 cents. And not only that, the story of your burger falling on the ground is about 100% more believable than your drone story posted above.

Yeah well that burger cost about .30 cents. And not only that, the story of your burger falling on the ground is about 100% more believable than your drone story posted above.
I’ve read countless people talk about their drone malfunctioning. It’s honestly not that wild of an idea?

I have a lot of questions, but I'll only ask one for now, as none of this makes any real sense. Who is "them". You refer to "them" a lot.
The customer service team at DJI is them. The people we’ve been communicating with.

I was going to mention having backups. This whole story sounds like just that... a story. Nothing really adds up.
We are a blog that’s just starting out. We don’t have the revenue to purchase multiple drones at a time, much less the space in our backpacks to hold them. We have cameras, go pros, and our Mac as it is, plus all of our camping needs and clothes.

wow seems like you lost a lot of money in non refundables, I think I would have just bought a new drone and gone on the trips. Doesn't sound like very smart decisions on your part. Wish I could afford to throw airline tickets away and what ever else you said you so called lost.

Look, your story may be legitimate, and I'm sure you're frustrated. But do understand the way you came off on this post was *super* pretentious and entitled. You weren't really asking for help. Just complaining. I'm just saying how I think most people feel when they read what you wrote.

You toss around a lot of vague details and it makes any sensible person think "sounds like BS".

+1, if you have a planned trip and bookings and critical equipment fails you just run to the nearest store and grab a replacement, then sort out the rest later.
You have to plan for that because equipment DOES fail, of course usually at the worst time as per Murphy's law. Running an op without backup is a gamble.

I broke my (at the time only) camera's LCD on a trip once, fortunately it had an EVF already. On another "once in history" occasion of course my main, usually fully trusted camera for years decided to hang and crash in the middle of the shoot. Fortunately had backup already around my neck by then.

DJI's support can be sketchy on occasion and that's widely known. But even without that you need your grounds covered for any serious op.

And yeah the story just makes no sense. If you have non-refundable flights and accomodation then you frigging go on the trip anyway drone or not and either do your best without it or just enjoy a nice vacation...

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biggej