DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone ever return a drone to amazon?

rabidhyena

Reactions
I feel like trying this one and returning it if the range falls way below what is advertised.
Amazon are excellent generally at returns. Just wondered if anyone had returned a DJI before?
Cheers

It's going to depend on the seller who fulfills and ships the order. Policies will vary. Amazon is listing the base drone for sale and "Fulfilled by Amazon" is listed, so their policy would apply there.

Their policy on Computers and Electronics...

New desktop, laptops, or tablets (excluding Kindle E-readers and Fires) purchased from Amazon.com that didn't start when they arrived, arrived in damaged condition, or is still in an unopened box can be returned for a full refund within 30 days of purchase.

I assume the drone would fall under "Electronics" so if you open it up, you own it unless there is an issue from the start with the unit and it's not working right.

Items you buy from Amazon will note on the product page if they have a special return policy, including statements like "free returns on some sizes and colors" or "Free returns available for any reason in new and unused condition."

I bought mine from amazon uk today,on the order it states dispatched and sold by amazon.
I did return an opened zoom because I found one on Heliguy’s site with the 2 years warranty. I had only had it 2 days but there wasn’t any problem.
The money was back in my account within 4 days.
Do to be honest I don’t think I’ve ever kept a drone longer than 12 months so I don’t no why I returned it ?

I’ve never bought a drone on amazon, but I’ve spent tens of thousands of dollars through amazon and the few times I had an issue they were awesome with the return.

I bought a nice fishing reel 1 day delivery for a fishing trip. I was scheduled to leave 3 hours after the reel was delivered. When I got the reel, found out it was broken. Amazon had someone drive out and replace it within the hour so I could leave on time. Not a drone, but an example of amazons great return policy and CS.

Reactions: Drgnfli and philh24
Yes.i have also spent a good chunk of income on Amazon over the years in the UK and the customer service is outstanding. I have never had to return a high value item though.
I think if it is advertised as up to 500m transmission and I only get 100m then I'm sure Amazon would accept this as not how it was advertised.

Reactions: philh24
I returned a Warehouse Deal on an Anafi once as the SD card reader was defective and the refund was not a problem.

I have returned drones that arrive damaged and have not had any problems getting refunded. Amazon is awesome with returns. Just to forewarn you though, the range probably will not be the maximum distance unless you are testing over a clear and unobstructed area such as a large body of water. Good luck!

I feel like trying this one and returning it if the range falls way below what is advertised.
Amazon are excellent generally at returns. Just wondered if anyone had returned a DJI before?
Cheers
If the range falls below advertised you will have no problem.You choose "item defective or doesn't work"and they will pay return shipping.

Cheers
Returns for Amazon are good within a certain time but after it can be a headache

Speaking of Amazon they are offering vets a $40 discount for their Prime membership. Offer valid through Veterans Day. It takes less than a minute. I renewed mine.

Reactions: bbooty
I have spent thousands of dollars through buying from amazon, never had any problem with my returns, all my purchases “everything, not just drone drone products”, are from AMAZON. They are the Best.
As for DJI, costumer surface was not that great, starting with my Phantom 2 ........ Mavic 2 Pro. when I lost my first Phantom, they even did not reply to my e-mails???

I have spent thousands of dollars through buying from amazon, never had any problem with my returns, all my purchases “everything, not just drone drone products”, are from AMAZON. They are the Best.
As for DJI, costumer surface was not that great, starting with my Phantom 2 ........ Mavic 2 Pro. when I lost my first Phantom, they even did not reply to my e-mails???
Big whoop! Ive spent millions! Lol

Just to forewarn you though, the range probably will not be the maximum distance unless you are testing over a clear and unobstructed area such as a large body of water.
Yes, I totally understand this and have experienced this with various phantoms and mavics.
All im saying is advertised at 500m and getting 300m will be acceptable to me. Only getting 100/500m will not.

Yep - had a faulty Spark.
No questions.
BTW - weird thing three bad Sparks in a row - all green.
Found them on sale at Sam's in white - no problems.
(yes I know it's a replaceable shell)

Speaking of Amazon they are offering vets a $40 discount for their Prime membership. Offer valid through Veterans Day. It takes less than a minute. I renewed mine.
Did the same. I am a vet from 60 years ago. Didn't remember my discharge date. Sent a pic of my service ID. They were extremely helpful. The help lady said I had 700 orders over the last 20 years. Thanks Amazon for remembering and supporting us.

Did the same. I am a vet from 60 years ago. Didn't remember my discharge date. Sent a pic of my service ID. They were extremely helpful. The help lady said I had 700 orders over the last 20 years. Thanks Amazon for remembering and supporting us.
It's on your DD-214. lol only way I "remembered" mine. I'm always wary of sending service docs because most of them have your social on it.

It's on your DD-214. lol only way I "remembered" mine. I'm always wary of sending service docs because most of them have your social on it.
Howdy Texas. Thank you sir. Texas Aggie '56 here. Amazon only wanted the discharge month and year but papers went missing long ago. It is amazing I still had my ID. I got on line and ordered my DD-214 but it would not be here before Amazon's Nov 11 offer end. BTW my ID from the day only has my ugly mug with 'name, rank, serial no'.

Reactions: Brojon
Now that Kohls is now an Amazon return center, returns are even easier. I returned an SSD drive that seemed to encounter slow response times. I ended up using another brand I had on hand for another purpose. Returns are generally "unopened" but it was a blister pack similar to how SD cards are packaged. I used "defective or not working". No questions asked.

An earlier time I only received one rack rail set when it was supposed to be a two pack. Amazon referred me to the seller, despite it being "fulfilled by Amazon". I prefer communicating by chat or email, but Amazon seems to almost insist on calling them.
Anyway, seller was very responsive to my emails, and eventually sent me the missing set, even though it was Amazon's responsibility.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929