DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

anyone ever used the alientech booster

Fredinhidef

Reactions
just curious I have tried it and it seems pretty good...just annoying that Ii have to change the settings everytime I fly.

What settings are you needing to change after each flight?
Do you have any data on before and after performance?

Capt.Barossa1072 keeps posting the same pics and telling us he has this setup, but despite being asked numerous times, he hasn’t given any details about its performance compared to stock. (Or maybe he has me blocked and isn’t seeing me ask?)

Last edited:
somehow it wont let me post
??
What do you mean?
You have the boosters. Quite simply I’ve been asking if you are seeing any significant improvement, and do you have some before and after figures?

ok giving up on getting an answer from this guy
From what i can make out, apart from the promo videos of this system on the smart controller, which make it look amazing, i am guessing that in real life application, there is little to no benefit. I have spoken to one person here in Australia that has used the system and had no increase in performance. Then there is Capt Barbossa that keeps showing pics of a system he has seen on the net, and pics of his own setup, but refuses to answer if he has seen any increased performance.
I was very keen to go with this setup, but I always like to hear some good unbiased opinions before going with this type of mod.
I can only assume its a waste of good $$$
At the end of the day, the smart controller, and mav2 in general, has very good radio performance so may be difficult to improve significantly.

ok giving up on getting an answer from this guy
From what i can make out, apart from the promo videos of this system on the smart controller, which make it look amazing, i am guessing that in real life application, there is little to no benefit. I have spoken to one person here in Australia that has used the system and had no increase in performance. Then there is Capt Barbossa that keeps showing pics of a system he has seen on the net, and pics of his own setup, but refuses to answer if he has seen any increased performance.
I was very keen to go with this setup, but I always like to hear some good unbiased opinions before going with this type of mod.
I can only assume its a waste of good $$$
At the end of the day, the smart controller, and mav2 in general, has very good radio performance so may be difficult to improve significantly.
Without a battery mod adding external batteries to support a range longer than the 5 mile stock range of the M2, any controller mod to extend range further is completely pointless!

fa
Without a battery mod adding external batteries to support a range longer than the 5 mile stock range of the M2, any controller mod to extend range further is completely pointless!
fair, and good point. However I dont get anywhere near 5miles (8km) on stock. I also dont really need to go further than what i have, Ijust like to know I have the capability in case I want it when out west. Its not something i would use often, but if this mod gave me a reasonable increase in range, Id consider doing it.
The best Ive been able to get is around 3km. If i could get 5km, id consider it worth doing

fa

fair, and good point. However I dont get anywhere near 5miles (8km) on stock. I also dont really need to go further than what i have, Ijust like to know I have the capability in case I want it when out west. Its not something i would use often, but if this mod gave me a reasonable increase in range, Id consider doing it.
The best Ive been able to get is around 3km. If i could get 5km, id consider it worth doing
To get more range in an FCC area (you need an FCC hack if CE range is your limitation), if you are only getting 3km, you simply need more elevation to get above any obstructions for clear LOS. Range boosters are also of little benefit without clear unobstructed LOS. Get up on your roof, stand on a tall ladder, climb a tree, or find higher ground nearby to get full benefit of the stock 5 mile range of the M2. You are barking up the wrong tree, thinking a range booster is the solution to your problem. Get above the obstructions instead.

thanks, but Im not barking up any tree. Where I normally fly i have no issue.
When I fly out west, I can assure you that there is no roof to climb on nor trees and other obstructions.
I have previously used range extenders on mav 1 and have achieved more range out there.
Thanks for your advice, but I am aware of limitations and requirements for radio signals as well as FCC vs CE)I just wanted to see if users of the alientech hardware had any significant increase in performance , so that i could decide whether it was worth spending some $ to try for myself.
The point of my post was that there is a bloke that keeps posting pics of his system, but keeps refusing to answer questions about its performance.

lake-tyrell1.pnglake tyrell.jpg

not many obstructions out here

Last edited:

Actually. If you wanted to go the passive route without actually boosting the signal, it’s all in the antenna design. A Yagi dual band directional antenna would be the way to go for range extension on a passive system, but you’d better be darn good at pointing it at the drone because it will be a tight beam.

thanks, but Im not barking up any tree. Where I normally fly i have no issue.
When I fly out west, I can assure you that there is no roof to climb on nor trees and other obstructions.
I have previously used range extenders on mav 1 and have achieved more range out there.
Thanks for your advice, but I am aware of limitations and requirements for radio signals as well as FCC vs CE)I just wanted to see if users of the alientech hardware had any significant increase in performance , so that i could decide whether it was worth spending some $ to try for myself.
The point of my post was that there is a bloke that keeps posting pics of his system, but keeps refusing to answer questions about its performance.

View attachment 85440View attachment 85441

not many obstructions out here
If there are no obstructions and the terrain is completely flat, you have two choices. The first is to fly at a higher elevation, but that often defeats the purpose of close up video of the subject. The second is to get higher up off the ground, as I suggested earlier. Get on the roof of your car, or bring along a tall A-frame ladder. Unless you are willing to do one or the other, boosting the signal on a remote already capable of a 5 mile range, won't help much. However, if you have money to burn and want to tear your remote apart, feel free to test it for yourself. The fact that the poster has not replied back speaks for itself.

thankyou fellas
i appreciate your advice, but really just wanted feedback on the system i asked about.

thankyou fellas
i appreciate your advice, but really just wanted feedback on the system i asked about.

my Alientech/SC mod set up works like a charm...! there are tons of videos on Youtube & FB about the performance & stats...! always a wiseass on hear with nothing better to do than post stupidities.... use the internet & do your own searches & reserach as have i.... im not obligated to reply to anyone in here or anywhere.... i simply shared my postings as for others to do their homework as i did....

Thats strange. I always thought that most of us here, come here to share experiences and ideas.
Yes i did do some reserch online and saw a handful of youtube videos that all seem to be produced by the makers of this system. You stated you had the system, so as we are both a part of this same community, i reached out to ask about your experiences. Im not trying to be a wiseass, but trying to do some reasearch and asking someone about first hand knowledge.
This forum is actually a part of the internet, and one of the tools i use for researching things. Im here to learn and share.
No you are not obligated to reply or share your experiences, but if you only come here to read of others experiences and not willing to share your own, then i would consider that the behaviour of a leech.
However, I accept your decision to not share your "hands on" experience, and will no longer attempt to enquire about it or anything else you may post here. Im assuming i wont be reading you asking any questions here or asking for advice (like i see in some of your past posts) as you have "the internet" to find your answers.

Last edited:
thankyou fellas
Sold my alien tech when I went to the M2P because it offered me nothing with a drone that could Already routinely fly far beyond VLOS.
When I used it on my MPP the nuisance was the narrow beam of signal requiring a lot of attention to the direction I pointed the controller antennae, but it did go about 15-25% farther out still with full signal when I tested out in the desert.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54