DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone figure our how to focus correctly with litchi waypoints?

JoshuaCarlton

Reactions
Sorry if this is the wrong form for this question. I did not see anywhere else that would be appropriate to post this. I have tried a few times to use litchi waypoints, and even if I choose infinite focus or focus at something 60 feet away and then switch to manual focus I can't seem to get my focus as sharp as I would just fly normally. Anybody figure out a good way for this? Thanks so much.

Reactions: Downunder and boone
Sorry if this is the wrong form for this question. I did not see anywhere else that would be appropriate to post this. I have tried a few times to use litchi waypoints, and even if I choose infinite focus or focus at something 60 feet away and then switch to manual focus I can't seem to get my focus as sharp as I would just fly normally. Anybody figure out a good way for this? Thanks so much.

No, but I'm interested in this too. I've been tinkering with the POI settings and I agree. Can't seem to get it just right even if I stop at point X and hover w/o doing manual focus. I'm convinced it's something I'm missing too.

I can confirm the "trick" is to take off and focus.. then you choose way point and load your mission, if you just start your waypoint mission from take off it won't be on focus

Reactions: Wingo and boone
Disable auto recording when starting your mission.First hover in FPV mode,manual focus on infinity and THEN load your waypoint mission.Problem solved!
Keep in mind that you can't change your focus during waypoint missions.

Woah, that kind of makes sense, but it's also a little disappointing. Still, good info. Many thanks. I'll be testing this this afternoon.

Reactions: Crchisholm
Thanks guys, so take off and get to the altitude of say your first waypoint, Then hit focus to Infinity?

Reactions: Wingo
I just posted this elsewhere, but someone else came up with this: launch, start mission, pause mission, focus, resume mission. That worked for me.

Here is the thread: Litchi Waypoint has focus bug

See post by Vlakvark on page 2.

Last edited:
Disable auto recording when starting your mission.First hover in FPV mode,manual focus on infinity and THEN load your waypoint mission.Problem solved!
Keep in mind that you can't change your focus during waypoint missions.
Are you saying Autofocus is disabled, or just that manual focus settings are ignored?

Agreed. I pause my mission, get my long focus, and then continue. It seems to hold for the rest of the mission, as long as the focus you set works for the rest of the mission.

Reactions: Johnny21
Autofocus doesn't work on Missions,it's a known Litchi bug,you must PRESET focus by tapping on the screen
I don't have issue with mine. I stop video at each point to take pictures. And Litchi clearly refocus each time.

I'm on v3.10.11. For Litchi and all up to date with the Mavic to.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa