DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone Find a m4-0.7 screw with a DRing Head for mounting lanyard on the Smart Controller

GABarber

Reactions
I have seen several solutions on amazon for attaching lanyards to the smart controller, but all of them use a giant fixed ring or post to attach the lanyard to. For most storage solutions these would have to be removed because of their size.

Ideally the solution would be a screw with a d-ring head like we often see as a photo accessories - however most of these are with different threading.

In one of the intros we see one crafted from screws and small picture frame triangle mounts - but the ideal solution is a black d-ring headed screw which fits the threads.

Does anyone know of one which works and can share the listing?

Reactions: Greenflash
I have seen several solutions on amazon for attaching lanyards to the smart controller, but all of them use a giant fixed ring or post to attach the lanyard to. For most storage solutions these would have to be removed because of their size.

Ideally the solution would be a screw with a d-ring head like we often see as a photo accessories - however most of these are with different threading.

In one of the intros we see one crafted from screws and small picture frame triangle mounts - but the ideal solution is a black d-ring headed screw which fits the threads.

Does anyone know of one which works and can share the listing?

My local hardware store had a variety of 4mm screws. Most seem to need a hex driver but the screw I got is a pan/rounded head - does not extend far. I did use picture hanging d-rings. I'm going to see if I can find a slightly smaller size. Someone did post an Amazon link that had a package of BLACK d-rings but I really don't need a 100 of them even if the price was not outrageous. I have since removed the green landscape wire - that was for a single point lanyard that I've since replaced with a spare camera strap I had. I've also covered the metal clips with two sections of black bike inner tube to keep those metal clips from wrapping around and hitting the screen. I should take an updated picture. Note the rounded, not protruding screw heads.

lany2.jpg

Reactions: rogerbackatya
This is what I might end up with - but I still hoping I can find a d-ring head screw that fits these heads

I found at a local Ace Hardware store a 4mm x 8mm long screw fits perfect. And my really-smart hardware sales guys, coincidently came up with the same picture hanger "D-ring" idea, which is now across these forums. The key is the thread on the bottom of the SC is 4mm. I used a Peak Designs "Leash", also coincidentally like Aldryn Estacio of Flyte Path, which I had, not doin much, in a drawer.

I found at a local Ace Hardware store a 4mm x 8mm long screw fits perfect. And my really-smart hardware sales guys, coincidently came up with the same picture hanger "D-ring" idea, which is now across these forums. The key is the thread on the bottom of the SC is 4mm. I used a Peak Designs "Leash", also coincidentally like Aldryn Estacio of Flyte Path, which I had, not doin much, in a drawer.

I can do that - but my preference is still to find a screw with a d ring head - certainly they are out there for us threads. That would be the ideal solution -

Screws that match are not hard to find - even in black - but these have phillips heads or hex heads. But then you have to buy picture hangers or some other connection to attach the lanyanrd too. The controller lanyards currently available on Amazon have attachment eyes whch take up a lot of space - I am still lokking for a compact single piece solution (e.g. D-Ring headed 4MM-.07 screw)

Here's an array I purchased (can't have too many when you don't know exactly what will fit. I used black ones probably the length of the rightmost silver ones. They used a hex/allen wrench like the black ones shown and the leftmost silver ones. There were other types of heads but they presented a larger profile and I figured they could snag. These are all low profile and nicely curved.4M screws.jpg4M screws.jpg

9e2e5daf419710c19279ee7c07ee5a5b.jpg
242ab11f6692ae08244c1bc55f637f8c.jpg

The Knurled Thumbscrew looks interesting but again you still need to adapt some connector for the lanyard - so they are not much better than screws and take up more bag space. -The Screw in rings are what I saw on a few of the Amazon Lanyard offering for the controller and take up way too much space in the bag if left attached.

The Knurled Thumbscrew looks interesting but again you still need to adapt some connector for the lanyard - so they are not much better than screws and take up more bag space. -The Screw in rings are what I saw on a few of the Amazon Lanyard offering for the controller and take up way too much space in the bag if left attached.

That's why you might like using the picture frame handing d-rings. They flatten out pretty reasonably.

Yes the picture frame rings or triangles are the best option now - but still looking for D-ring head Screws with 4M threads as the ideal solution.

Something like this would be perfect, the ring can be closed when not using. The problem is to find it with the 4mm size (M4) with .7 pitch

It is a very neat looking combination of bolt and d-ring. It is better looking than using a bolt and a picture frame d-ring but the two-piece method does fold up pretty flat.

Reactions: RogerMav
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
motiongraphics50