DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone flown the Mini 2 in the rain?

gb3

Reactions

I know it isn't classed as waterproof, but might it withstand some rain?

Reactions: CLAYB.7

We made a Wet Suit for the Mini 2 and Rescue Jacket to secure your drone with the DJI Refresh

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mini 2 in the Pouring Rain / Snow and land on water.

We made a Wet Suit for the Mini 2 and Rescue Jacket to secure your drone with the DJI Refresh

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly our Mini 2 in the Pouring Rain / Snow and land on water.

Nice, how much is delivery of your wet suit to the UK?

Do you have any videos of the wet suit in action? Are there still any weak points the rain can get in? e.g. Micro USB port or charging port.

Here is the Mini 2 landing in the water negotiating the waves with the Wet suit .
The Prop are covered and the Ports are sealed as well as the battery.

Its not are first choice for flying in the Rain that would be the Air 2 because it can still struggle with high winds associated with storms.

Delivery to the UK is $14.95 standard shipping and $24.95 Priority

Here is the Mini playing in the Rain.

Phantomrain.org

Last edited:
Also bear on mind import duties and their triggering thresholds.
No, there are no Import duties nor Threshold to the UK do to the Weight of the package and value presented ,
We have that all covered for our Friends Over Seas and there are many of them.

For those in Distant Lands we can utilize the Kentucky International Shipping Assoc. for South Africa and the Philippines.

We also have a Migration Station for our products in Israel for those wondering .

Phantomrain.org

I did fly with light rain and went trough pretty dense clouds that got the Mini 2 even more wet than the rain itself. I started flying at 500m elevation and went trought the clouds, passed them, photographed/filmed above the clouds always without knowing the drone was wet. When I returned this is how it looked!

Wet Mini 2

Photo above the clouds

Video above the clouds

The Mini 2 didn't suffered any damage or malfunction but I wouldn't have done that flight if I knew how wet wit would get.

I did fly with light rain and went trough pretty dense clouds that got the Mini 2 even more wet than the rain itself. I started flying at 500m elevation and went trought the clouds, passed them, photographed/filmed above the clouds always without knowing the drone was wet. When I returned this is how it looked!

Wet Mini 2

Photo above the clouds

Video above the clouds

The Mini 2 didn't suffered any damage or malfunction but I wouldn't have done that flight if I knew how wet wit would get.
Wow that is some fantastic footage you captured.
Where is the 4k version ? Instagram is not cutting it but I followed.

Phantomrain.org

No, there are no Import duties nor Threshold to the UK do to the Weight of the package and value presented ,
We have that all covered for our Friends Over Seas and there are many of them.

For those in Distant Lands we can utilize the Kentucky International Shipping Assoc. for South Africa and the Philippines.

We also have a Migration Station for our products in Israel for those wondering .

Phantomrain.org

Do you have any videos of how to install your wet suit on the Mini 2?

Do you have any videos of how to install your wet suit on the Mini 2?
Install take about 5 minutes so we just have pictures for the Mini 2 and we Guarantee a Perfect install as all international shipments get extra parts.

The Wet Suit covers both the top and bottom of the drone and is fully functional to open and close.
The Sticker is optional where you want that.

Phantomrain.org

The Front and back has a 3mm Bumper for those accidental bumps .
The Prop Covers just seat inside the Motors. .
The Surge Mask protect the Sensors on the bottom and locks in the
seals on the Open Ports.

Forum Members get a Few extra colors
Neon Red Neon blue and Black

You get all 3 Colors

Screenshot 11-28-2020 17.47.19.jpgScreenshot 11-25-2020 15.25.50.jpgScreenshot 11-28-2020 17.37.01.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Hunter_k

Wet Mini 2

Photo above the clouds

Video above the clouds

Awesome!

I am pretty sure If I ever get that chance I am going to play leap frog with my drone and peak a boo thru the clouds in 4K 60 . ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S