DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Anyone from INDIA going to buy Mavic air 2 ?

Rishwanth ATN

Reactions
Hi,
I'm from India, i was waiting for this drone since a month....i couldn't get it through official DJI website. So any other way to get it in India?

Reactions: Welsh pilot
Hi,
I'm from India, i was waiting for this drone since a month....i couldn't get it through official DJI website. So any other way to get it in India?
From my research on the matter, since flying drones inside India is prohibited, you can never expect any company/online retailers to ship it to you without the product being sized by customs. That being said, owning a drone isn't illegal. Your best bet is for you to transport it from a foreign country and hope customs don't see it in your baggage. The shape of the Mavic helps because, in an X-ray, it would appear as a cuboidal video camera. Phantoms are the ones that get seized often because of their obvious shape.

From my research on the matter, since flying drones inside India is prohibited, you can never expect any company/online retailers to ship it to you without the product being sized by customs. That being said, owning a drone isn't illegal. Your best bet is for you to transport it from a foreign country and hope customs don't see it in your baggage. The shape of the Mavic helps because, in an X-ray, it would appear as a cuboidal video camera. Phantoms are the ones that get seized often because of their obvious shape.
Flying drones inside india is not prohibited now. since they made new laws for it last year. If your drone is above 250gm, you can register it with authorities and use it. No need of registration for Mavic Mini since its 249 grams. Mavic mini is officially available in india and you can buy it in amazon and other websites.
Its not legal to bring drone from abroad. To do that also you need to register as importer. But there are many who import it from gulf countries since Mavic series are very low in size and usually not easy to identify while scanning your baggage.

You can register your drone in india below

Flying drones inside india is not prohibited now. since they made new laws for it last year. If your drone is above 250gm, you can register it with authorities and use it. No need of registration for Mavic Mini since its 249 grams. Mavic mini is officially available in india and you can buy it in amazon and other websites.
Its not legal to bring drone from abroad. To do that also you need to register as importer. But there are many who import it from gulf countries since Mavic series are very low in size and usually not easy to identify while scanning your baggage.

This is the response I got from DGCA.

In accordance with CAR Section-3, Series-X, Part-1, it is to be mentioned that before the Drone is imported to India or locally acquired from Indian manufacturer, the specific Drone model is required to be accepted by DGCA i.e. the Drone shall have ETA (Equipment Type Approval) issued by WPC, Dept. of Telecommunication and it shall be complied with NPNT (No Permission No Take-off).

The model Mavic Air 2 is not provisionally accepted by DGCA. Kindly advise the OEM/manufacturer to show the compliance to DGCA in accordance with CAR Section 3, Series X, Part I Para 15 and DGCA RPAS Guidance Manual Chapter 6, 7, and 8.

Hi, Have you got your approvals?. please reply.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60